NINE

V was failing maths. Still.

And it didn’t make sense to Jungkook. Because V knew how to solve the questions and answer them, but it just seemed like he didn’t care enough to write them down and use his brain.

Jungkook was slowly getting better at football and not getting yelled at by the Coach anymore, so he’s thankful to V for that. But V wasn’t improving, and that was pissing Jungkook off.

“Your math assignment. It’s graded.” Jungkook said, holding his books tightly against his chest.

“Cool.” V said, looking at his phone while sitting in the library. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

“No, V- you need to do it properly. We have a class test on it tomorrow. Did you do the questions I asked you to?” Jungkook asked, while seeing V scroll past his instagram, making sure to comment the fire emoji on hot girls’ pictures.

“Nope.”

“V,” Jungkook said softly, sitting down beside him. “You’re going to fail if you keep going like this. You’re good at maths, you really are, you’re just not using your full potential-”

“Oh shut up with that bullshit. I suck at maths, you can say it. And who gives a shit about the homework assignment, I’ll just- check this out.” V said, and then stood up.

Jungkook watched him walk over to the table beside them, where some 14 year old boys were seated, their homework laid in front of them while they talked about fortnite or whatever.

“Which one of you nerds knows math?” V snapped, getting all their attention, wide eyes and pale faces turning to face him.

“H-him-” One guy said quickly, pointing at a guy who had oversized glasses on, who gulped fearfully. V leaned forward, took the kid’s glasses off, and then threw them onto the table.

“You’ll finish my homework and give it to me by tonight, or I’ll hang you in the locker room by your underwear. Got it?” V growled lowly, and the guy nodded hurriedly, looking terrified. Jungkook rushed up to him.

“Woah- hey- no we’re not doing that.” Jungkook said, taking the glasses and giving it back to the guy. “Sorry, continue with your work.” Jungkook mumbled, and then grabbed V’s arm and dragged him to the other side of the library.

“Stop touching me in public!” V snapped, and Jungkook let his arm go and then turned around.

“Stop bullying those boys. You’re doing this yourself! I don’t care how, but you are.” Jungkook grumbled, and V scoffed.

“Motivate me then if you’re so smart,” V said, and Jungkook paused.

He brainstormed for 4 seconds, and then nodded. “Okay. Fine. I’ll motivate you. But not here, I’ll see you in your dorm in 10 minutes.” Jungkook said, and then went out of the library, leaving V confused.

///

Jungkook walked into V’s dorm wearing shoes, socks, pants, a shirt, a sweater vest, glasses, and a blazer. V started wheezing.

“You look like a fucking dweeb!” He laughed, slapping his table, and Jungkook walked over to him with a nonchalant smile, placing his books on his table and sitting down on the chair beside his.

“Yeah. I look like a nerd, I guess.” Jungkook said, and then took out V’s homework assignment and kept it on the desk.

V looked at the homework assignment and groaned. “Word problems? And graphing? Nah, I’m out-”

“You need to get them all right, but I won’t help you.” Jungkook said, and V frowned. “How the fuck am I going to do it?”

“Well I’ve taught you all this, haven’t I??”