TWENTY SIX

Football practice began once more. While on break, the school made the indoor sports court bigger, so the boys could practice football there since it was cold outside. Taehyung was, as one can guess, back to being an asshole.

“Don’t get me wrong- it’s not like I want us to get back together or anything. I just want him to stop being an asshole to me, that’s all.” Jungkook told Jimin, who rolled his eyes.

“Well, he’s not gonna stop being an asshole. That’s all he knows how to do. Be an asshole.” Jimin said.

“Also eat one,” Jungkook mumbled to himself, and Jimin stopped running, put his hands on his knees, and fake threw up on the ground.

“Jimin, Jungkook, don’t stop running.” Taehyung’s commanding voice came, and Jimin and Jungkook looked at him, began to run again.

“Yes,” Jimin said.

“Yes sir,” Jungkook said, and Jimin’s eyes widened, while Taehyung looked at him- and Jungkook just stopped running and covered his face with his hands.

“Did you just call him sir?”

“I didn’t mean to!”

Jimin looked at Taehyung, who was jogging ahead, his cheeks red. He laughed, looking at Jungkook. “Let’s keep running,” Jimin said, and Jungkook nodded, also flustered.

After jogging, they did passing exercises and all this other stuff. Practice got over quite quickly, and the coach asked them to huddle up. “Boys, we better be ready to win the Seoul Football Championship again, okay?” The coach yelled, and the boys all shouted in triumph.

All the boys dispersed towards the locker room, loitering around. Jimin ruffled Jungkook’s hair. “I’m gonna go back to the dorm ‘cause I forgot my towel. Bye!” Jimin said, and then ran off.

Jungkook walked towards the locker room, and opened the door, seeing all the boys talking loudly, some shirtless, some not. He heard curses and names of girls and a lot of name calling- a usual. He walked towards his bag of clothes and took his towel and a fresh set of clothes out.

Suddenly, the room went kind of silent.

Jungkook took his shirt off and then turned around, and froze when he saw all the boys looking at him.

The boys all looked kind of weary, kind of hesitant. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and then heard a cough.

“Fine, if no one else will, then I’ll say it,” Jaebum said, and Jungkook looked at the boy, standing by his friends. “Jeon, we don’t want you in here while we’re changing.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened, and he gulped. “I-I- um- but- w-why?” Jungkook stammered stupidly and saw Hoseok sigh, scratch the back of his neck because of the awkward tension in the room.

“It’s just- it’s kind of makes us uncomfortable,” Hoseok said, and Jungkook saw all the boys looking at him, felt himself grow smaller at the gaze. “'Cause you’re gay and stuff.”

Jungkook gulped. “I-I won’t look, guys. I never did- you- you’ve all changed with me in the room before, it shouldn’t matter-”

The door to the locker room opened and Taehyung walked in. Upon seeing the silence and how everyone was staring at Jungkook, he frowned. “What’s going on?”

Yoongi sighed. “We talked to the Coach about this, Kook,” Yoongi said, and Jungkook continued looking down, cheeks turning red, hands growing fidgety in anxiousness. “He agreed with us. It’s just plain weird, no offense.”

Jungkook wished to god Jimin was here. He looked at any of the boys for comfort. Jin wasn’t there, he was sick. Youngjae was just looking away. Yugyeom was looking at him but kept silent. Jungkook’s mouth went dry.