TWENTY FOUR

Jungkook was buzzed.

He felt drunk; not that he knows what being drunk feels like, because frankly, he’s a bit of a loser. But still. He felt drunk.

He walked with a little bounce in his step back to the barbeque area. Saw Jimin rush up to him. “Everything okay?”

“Everything’s great,” Jungkook said, a smile on his face, staring into the distance. “Everything’s fucking amazing.”
“Um. Okay. I don’t want to know why Youngjae looks so freaked out- anyways; Yugyeom’s looking for you.” Jimin called out, and Jungkook walked away, feeling just a little floaty, a little lost like he could start dancing like he was on clouds. Fucking clouds.

“Jungkook? Youngjae, is he high?” Jimin asked the boy, who shook his head.

“No. You’re high. I didn’t see anything. Shut up Jimin.” Youngjae stammered and then ran off. Jimin rose his eyebrow in confusion.

“Hey!” Yugyeom called, running over to Jimin. “Is Jungkook alright?”

“Yeah he’s- um- swinging around that lamppost,” Jimin said, pointing at Jungkook who was swinging around a lamppost.

“Damn, did he get some of that alcohol that’s going around?” Yugyeom snickered, and Jimin shrugged. “And where’s V?”

“I don’t know…” Jimin trailed, and then looked away, wondering if Taehyung disappearing and Jungkook looking so happy had some sort of correlation.
Yugyeom rushed up to Jungkook, who was stood gripping the lamppost, looking into the distance with a small smile on his face. “Hey man… you good?”

“Great,” Jungkook said, and Yugyeom hummed, and then scratched the back of his neck, a nervous instinct. “Where’d you go?”

“Oh… y'know…. nowhere,” Jungkook said, smiling to himself.

“Right,” Yugyeom said after that dumb response. He snickered awkwardly. “That was weird, huh? What V did back there-”

“V?” Jungkook said, suddenly snapping his attention to Yugyeom. “Is he here? Where is he? I-I thought he left- he- he’s here?” Jungkook asked with big eyes, and Yugyeom’s breath hitched.

“Yeah. Um- you know what! You go find V. I’m gonna go hang out with my friends.” Yugyeom mumbled, turning around and walking away, hands in his pockets.

Jimin walked up to Jungkook and grabbed his arm roughly. “What is wrong with you?”
“Huh?”

“Yugyeom’s a perfectly good guy who seems to be into you- and you’re brushing him off for that dickhole that took advantage of you?? Get over it, Jungkook! I’m really sorry, but it’s never going to-”

“Jimin,” Jungkook said, and then grabbed Jimin by his shoulders. “V kissed him.”

Jimin paused. “He what.”

“He kissed-”

“What?! When?”

“When we ran off! I started yelling at him, but then he-” Jungkook started, and then leaned against the pillar, biting his bottom lip while looking away shyly. “Pushed me against a wall and just started kissing me and- oh- it’s so romantic,” Jungkook squeaked, hands against his face. Jimin rolled his eyes.

“Shut up, Cinderella. What did he do after he kissed you?” Jimin asked.

“Youngjae saw us so V ran off. If he didn’t- I’d be under him right now.” Jungkook said, pointing his finger up righteously.

“Ew,” Jimin shuddered and then sighed. “Look, Kookie. I love you, I really do. You’re like a little sister to me. But do you really want to restart that cycle with V? Haven’t you been happy with Yugyeom? That guy’s nice! And- and he doesn’t bully people, and isn’t homophobic, and isn’t, like, an asshole, and-”