space song

it will take a while
To make you smile
Somewhere in these eyes
I'm on your side

violetta fern

"Why is this so hard to put together," I whisper under my breath, flinching as harrys hand slaps mine away from my bleeding scar, cursing at me. I had been sitting in here by myself for the last hour while Harry talked on the phone with my dad, telling him everything and anything that had come to mind I guess.

I do wish that he just wanted to be a part of my life, my dad I mean. Its to the point where i'd rather stay here with harry forever than go through what my dad does every single day. I had been working on the same fucking easel for almost two days, and harry was fed up with me just staying in the sunroom all day. "you pick at that scar again and m' taking your paints, sunshine," He says, screwing the pieces of wood together and I clear my throat, moving my hand away from my scar again as he frustratedly pushed his long curls behind his ear and I look down at the hair tie on my wrist, holding it out to him and he looks up from the wooden pieces.

"Don't know how to," He whispers and I frown, sitting up on my knees and I keep direct eye contact with him as I raise my bruised hands to his hair, his eyes following mine closely and I slowly drag my fingers through his soft hair, feeling like cotton on my skin as his breath heaves, his eyes searing into my waist and I inhale as i carefully tie his long hair back, sitting back down beside him. He thanks me under his breath and I nod, helping him with the rest of the easel and its quiet before I hear his phone ring, me jumping.

"Styles," he says, rolling his eyes and I smile at the familiar voice of Niall on the other end, and Harry says a few things under his breath, looking up at the clock. I set my first canvas on the easel as Harry watches me do so, taking his eyes up and down my body as I move the painting supplies across the room as fast as I can, hoping i wasnt disrupting him as he holds the phone closer to his ear, whispering something. He hangs up without a goodbye as I simply wash through all of my paintbrushes in the sink, Harrys presence behind me as I feel my heartbeat rush in my throat as his presence comes closer and closer, leaning against the counter behind me.

"Niall wants to take us out to dinner," Harry says and I jump at the loud sound of his voice, my hands dropping the bottle of cleaner as he talks, and I pick it up quickly, going back to my cleaning. I hum, harry huffing and he stares at me aggressively, my eyes widening at how angry he looked, almost like he was expecting for me to be able to see what hes trying to say through his eyes, but they're so clouded that I cant see anything put a mask of green, gold in the inner corners.

"You can go," I whisper and he stands up a little, and I can see the outline of my phone in his pocket, staring at it. It had disappeared late last night after I went to bed, and I've been too scared to ask about it, but now that i see it with him, it angers me. Sometimes all I want is to be able to call Poe and just talk for hours and hours and just try and pretend that I'm back home with Frankie in Dublin, and I just want this to end. I dont hate harry, I just wish he want acting the way he currently was. I just want him to understand the place that im in. "he wants you to go," He says annoyed, looking past me into the backyard, and I can see the reflection of Savannah's hair in the window, throwing a ball around with Bruno in her backyard. "Can I take Savannah with me?" I whisper and his eyebrows furrow.

"Why?" he asks, and I go back to cleaning as I talk, not wanting to see the way he replies to what i'm about to say. "I dont have any friend here, Harry...plus you guys will probably talk without me," I whisper and he laughs under his breath, pulling out the hair tie from his hair and he flicks it at me, getting me to look at him. "She doesn't want to be your friend, violetta, just get ready. We leave in an hour," He says, shaking his head and I turn on my heels, grabbing his shoulder and before I know it im slapping him in the face, all of the built-up anger growing and growing as he laughs, now staring at me with the scariest look. "You have been nothing but a piece of shit this whole fucking time, and i'm so sick of it," I spit at him, his face dropping. "don't say 'i'll try harder' if you can't fucking understand simple human decency," i say in the strongest voice i can muster and I go past him, going straight into my room.