mellow

Cause I've been runnin'
My legs have turned to jello
I'm tryna be cool for you
Call me Mr. Mellow
(Mellow)
No you won't waste your time on me
'Cause you're so mellow

violetta fern

"sunshine, wake up,"

i groan as harry's soft hand finds my shoulder, bare besides my tank top, and i roll onto my stomach, pushing his hand away and i hear him laugh softly. "c'mon i made breakfast," his soft voice says and i reach out for him, finding his leg and i squeeze it hard, him giggling.

"let me sleep, blue," i mumble, popping an eye open to glance at him and he hums, smoothing eyes down my cheek to my scar. "but m' bored, sunshine...and our food it getting cold," he says, sitting down by me and i wrap my arms around my red blanket, turning away from him, and the sound of him huffing makes me smile to myself, and i feel his finger poke my comforter covered back, and i whine. "stop," i mumble, and it's silent for a minute, and i feel him push down the comforter, facing my nearly bare back, and his breathing changes suddenly. it's then that i realize he can see more of my scars.

i go to to turn around, or to cover myself, but i stop when i feel his warm hand spread on my back, and he traces the lines of scars, lashes of my father, and whips from his friends. i felt nearly comforted by the way harry touched them though, the way his warm palm spread over my shoulder, and i feel him sigh, pulling his hand away, and i nearly tell him to keep it there.

"did trey do this to you?" his voice was soft as he pushes down the comforter more, but i turn onto my back, revealing the ones littered across my collar bones and my upper chest, keeping my arms crossed over my breasts, not wanting him to see through my shirt. "harry," i whisper and he looks me over once with his big green eyes before they move back down to my chest, and he scoots towards me even more.

"it's okay," i whisper and he shakes his head, his eyes so sad and i press my lips together. "no it's fucking not," he whispers back, and his eyes leave mine for a second to sink over me, and he looks back up when i shiver under his eyes. "don't ever convince yourself this is okay," he whispers, and i feel his hand smooth up my neck, holding me and i feel all of the years of torture crash down on to my chest, and it finally feels like something.

my father and his friends had been abusing me for eleven years of my life.

i stare up at harry, his eyes finding mine and he presses his lips together, his thumb caressing my jaw and he frowns at me. "who did this to you?" he whispers and i stay perfectly still for a second, trapped in the memories, and he shifts when i don't answer. i reach down to his hand, and i lace my fingers between them both, and i bring them up to press to my cheeks, closing my eyes at the warmth. "sunshine," harry whispers, and i shake my head, not ready for this yet, and i watch as he smooths his thumbs back and forth over my cheeks.

"can we go somewhere today, blue?" i whisper, changing the subject but keeping my hands with his. he nods, moving one of his hands to tuck my hair away from my face, my curls messy. "where do you wanna go?" he asks, and i think, basking in his warmth and the way he smelt for a while. "the art shop?" i mumble, and he nods, sighing and he stands, watching the way i was spread across my bed, and i blush at the way he looks down at me, making shivers flow down my back.

"get dressed, sunshine," he says, leaving without another word, his hair messy, and i wondered if he ever thought about getting it cut as i finally get out of bed, hopping down onto the floor and i immediately start to get dressed, deciding to wear my new red shirt i had gotten at the mall, with some pale jeans with rips at the knees, and i use a hair clip to tie my front curls back, leaving a few out to cover my forehead.