the cure

harry

"if you throw up on me m' never gonna forgive you,"

niall was no help as i slowly lifted the nearly half asleep violetta into my arms, her curling up nearly immediately and i let her adjust, her legs wrapped around me and her arms around my neck. "you smell good, harold," she sighs, and i still as she burrows myself into me, and my eyes close briefly at how warm she was, her thighs warm and her nose cold as she holds onto me tighter than ever. "you're gonna get a mouth-full from me when you're coherent," i sigh and she whines again, and i notice how her voice wasn't in a whisper anymore.

this was a nearly different girl.

she wasn't worried about anything but being close to me right now, as if i was the one person she could trust, and part of me knew that was true. she's had a harder life than anyone i know, and i only know the half of what's happened.

i give savannah and her roommate a glare as we walk out the door, niall grabbing sunshines' bag and phone before following us. "hi niall, i love you niall," violettas voice was sleepy again and niall pats her head as i try my best to get her home quick. "love you too, baby," he smiles, and i use one hand to open the door, walking her down the hall and into her room, niall talking softly. "did you have a fun time, violet?" he snorts and she nods into my neck, my hands squeezing her thighs once. "m' havin' a really really good time, niall. niall can we go shopping?" her voice was muffled but niall grins to himself, rubbing her back as i set her down on the stairs of the bed. "sure, baby, we can be shopping buddies, how does that sound?" he says, sitting down beside her to keep her stable as i untie her shoes and slide them off. "m' never letting you out of the house again, missy," i grumble and i can smell the alcohol in her breath. "i think i'm flying," she mumbles back, and i press my lips together when her hands find my shoulders to hold onto.

"i feel funny, harold," she mumbles, and i shoo niall away so i could somehow get her to sleep this off, and her hands find the stair as she tries to stand, my hands finding her hips as she crawls up the stairs clumsily, and i try and hold my laugh back, covering my face with my hands in both exhaustion and comedy at the way she even looked at me right now.

"harry?" she whispers as i peel her jacket off, and i hum. "what's your favorite color?" she asks and i frown to myself, looking up at her, and her eyes were cloudy as she stares up at the ceiling where one of her sketches was taped up, and i wonder how long that had been there.

it was of the back yard, and fuck it was beautiful. no wonder she was so upset over her paints being ruined. it was gorgeous, more beautiful than anything i could ever make myself. the backyard looked fine as it was, but this...this was beauty i've never seen before.

"i think blue...why?" i ask, and she grins to herself. "because i wanna know things about you, blue," my heart breaks as her eyes seemingly grow sad, but i feel a warm thud in my heart at the nickname. "you didn't seem to like harold anyway," she shrugs, and i open her side drawer to grab her makeup wipes, and she groans, sliding up on her bum as she places them between her legs, starting to scrub at her face, and i try my best to not laugh and she pulls away, blinking roughly as her eyes water from her fierce scrubbing."you're not gonna throw up on me are you?" i double check and she hiccups, my eyes wide. "m' not a fucking loser, blue, i know how to keep myself from doing that," she says, and i frown, her eyes staring at my lap and i realize she must have sobered up at some point, and now she just seemed sad.

"what's your favorite color, sunshine?" i ask, and she thinks for a minute, her eyes drilling mine now, and she still seemed sad, as if she had realized where she was and why'd he was here, as if she'd just relived everything in the last few months. "red...but not dark red," she says, and i frown, her falling forward so her forehead was against my shoulder, and i stiffen, but she relaxes a bit, so i don't complain, raising my hand to slowly pat down her pretty hair, closing my eyes in comfort.