Blackouts

"I did what?" I hunched over in my place, fighting for more breath. Severus' eyes remained distorted in disbelief, his mouth agape as he fought to find his words. The concern grew in his eyes, as he adapted a completely different look of severe concern, as though there could potentially be an additional problem at hand.

"Emerald....Your hair..."

Confused, I reached towards my locks quicker than lightening. A small strand of white hair appeared, stunning me momentarily. I gasped, running from the clearing before Snape could stop me and back towards the Castle. Finding myself storming through the, nearly empty, Slytherin common room I ran to my dorm, slammed the door shut and fled to the bathroom, glancing in the mirror before me.

Severus Snape was right about my hair; for the strands of white had grown through entirely, creating a half auburn, half white head of hair, replacing the once beautiful auburn I so adored. I gulped, running my hand through in total disbelief, every thought and emotion invading my mind at once; had I flown without a broom, like my Professor had said? What was happening to me? Why was I changing so quickly and drastically?

I fumbled in front of the mirror, overwhelmed as black spots began to blur my vision, my mind growing clouded and distorted. My knees weakened, forcing me to the floor. It was only a moment or two before I was blinded completely, feeling my eyes reel to the back of my head. Footsteps sounded in the distance, followed by voices as I succumbed to the inevitable oblivion...

I gasped, my eyes opening as the world around me faded back to colour. A candlelight distorted my eyesight for a moment, before I managed to adjust and gather my surroundings. Underneath my fingertips, I felt a soft, silky blanket. The room in which I was situated was dark and made entirely of stone. It took me a few moments to realise that I recognized the room. I had been here before. It was Professor Snape's.

My hand reached instinctively towards my chest, checking I was still alive. But when I remembered the events that had unfolded before I lost consciousness, I grabbed my hair and observed it for any white strands. Only my auburn locks remained; had I dreamt the ordeal? I couldn't have. 

A scuffle emitted from the opposite side to Snape's door, which lead out into the Potion's classroom. It nearly burst from its hinges, as two figured darted inside, "-I Have The Right To Se Her, She's My God-daughter!" Remus Lupin's voice shouted, infuriated as Snape's arm reached out to bar him from entering. They continued to push one another, Snape insisting he did not enter. The second Lupin's eyes found mine, however, a look of relief found its way across his lips, "-You're awake." Severus stopped his protest, turning to face me as he shared Lupin's relieved expression.

A pain struck my head, causing me to reach towards it and groan. The two men darted over to the side of the bed, Snape taking out a vial and handing it to me. "You're supposed to be teaching her to control her Legilimency, not make it worse! What is that stuff anyway!?" Lupin continued to press angrily, pacing back and forth.

Snape shook his head in protest, "It wasn't the thoughts, it was-" I shook my head, forcing myself through the continuous pain in the hopes of preventing him from telling Lupin what had happened in the Forbidden Forest. Lupin glanced over at Snape, then to me, and back at Snape. "It was what!?" The man grew angrier with each passing moment. I sighed in defeat, taking the potion from Snape's hand and taking a swig. The time, the liquid was purple; different to any other that my Potion's Professor had given me.

"Miss Potter flew today." Snape finished finally. Lupin's confusion grew evident in his eyes. "Right! And what about flying could cause her to pass out!? Were there Dementors in the sky!?" 

The pain in my head was disappearing as the effects of the potion took place. Had I not intervened, I feared there would have been a fight between my Godfather and Severus Snape. "I flew without a broom, Remus." Lupin's eyes darted back over to me, in shock, as though he questioned the words that had escaped my lips. He took a few steps, closing the distance between himself and the bed. Taking a seat beside me, his eyes found mine. "That's not possible." He gulped, hoping one of us would reveal we had been joking as his mind opened up to me momentarily.

Snape pouted in regret, shaking his head, "Indeed, I thought so too."

Lupin's eyes watered to the brink of tears, the devastation evident in his glance, "There's only one known Wizard who can fly without a broom and that's-" He cut himself short, a single tear escaping and falling down his cheek, staining the black bedsheet for a brief moment. 

"-Voldemort." Snape finished, causing Lupin to shoot around in momentary fury, "Don't Say His Name!" He burst, causing me to flinch in my place at the revelation of my gift, and the question it brought about of my connection to the man who murdered my parents. 

My gaze averted onto the bed as I digested the new information that had been revealed to me by my Godfather, and the only person in the world that cared for me more than anyone. "Her newfound ability drained her, causing her to pass out. That amount of magic is not normal for a child so young." Severus continued, himself and Lupin standing merely inches apart from one another as the tension grew around us all. "Can you please stop talking like I'm not in the room." I spat, causing the both of them to come to a halt, momentarily, their gaze focusing back onto me.

"Dumbledore said that, the night You-Know-Who killed my parents, he transferred some of his magic onto Harry and I." I spoke, glancing between the two.

Lupin took a deep breath, re-composing himself and fixing his jacket. "Well then, it's Dumbledore we should take you to."