The Quidditch World Cup

Nothing could have prepared me enough for the magnitude of the Campsite and Stadium of the Quidditch World Cup; as Mr Weasley had previously mentioned, over 100,000 Witches and Wizards were in attendance. And although I was aware of that great number, I was in awe of seeing so many people gathered to celebrate from all over the world.

Frantic Ministry Wizards were bustling about, obliviating Site Managers left, right and centre as we made our way through the crowds, finding an empty spot where we could pitch our tents. Children were flying around on toy broomsticks, banners and posters strewn about showing the different teams and players for tonight's great match. Spells were being cast into the sky in red and green along with streamers, balloons and lanterns; illuminating the grounds beneath. Music played and various stall owners were walking around in attempt to sell some merchandise before the game.

"Ah! Here we are!" Mr Weasley's voice broke me from my trance, causing me to almost bump into Ron as we came to a halt on an empty stretch of grass. It would take us a further 45 minutes to set-up our tents, the inside enchanted to be much bigger than out; it reminded me of the Tardis from Doctor Who; a show we would sometimes watch at Wool's. Only far more impressive; the two were split between boys and girls; our tent having its own kitchen, dining room and bedrooms. Hermione, Ginny and I fled to our allocated rooms, beginning to unpack our things. It wasn't long before we made our way into the boy's tent, finding it to be much bigger than our own. There were more of them, after all; Percy, Bill and Charlie joining us all after Cedric and Mr Diggory left the group to find their own tent.

Harry, Ron and Hermione left to go and have a look around, whilst Mr Weasley allowed Ginny and I to go with Fred and George. I managed to buy some Ireland Makeup from one of the stalls, the four of us deciding we would be supporting them a few months ago, should they make it to the finals. Ginny bought a green hat, the twins opting for scarves and some sparklers before we made our way back to the tents to get ready for the match.

Hermione was sporting Bulgaria's colours, whilst I face-painted for Ginny and I, also putting on some makeup to correspond with my team. Opting for green, snake-skin printed flared trousers and a lighter green tank top to match; I tied my hair with a green ribbon and wore shoes to match.

It was getting dark, when we left the tent, joining my brother's side as we made our way towards the stadium. "Bulgaria, huh?" I cocked an eyebrow at him, causing him to nod and chuckle, "Yes. Looks like we're sporting the opposite teams tonight, Sis."

"Aren't we always?" I laughed, the two of us making our way through a lantern-lit trail, the booming cheers emitting in the distance. But I sensed the tone had grown more serious, my mind tempted to look into Harry's but I prevented myself from doing so; as I had every time I had been tempted in the past few weeks, since learning how to barricade myself from everyone else's thoughts. It was bliss. And the fear of letting down my own walls only to be unable to put them back up again, frightened me. I didn't want any more headaches or pain or thoughts finding their way into my mind without my control. So, I didn't look. But I felt my brother's negative feelings.

"A man named Barty Crouch came to our tent, earlier. He works for the Ministry; said that there's some 'upcoming event' coming to Hogwarts in the new year, or something? Sounds a bit ominous, if you ask me." Harry's words peaked my interest as I turned to face him, continuing with our path to the Stadium. "What do you think it could be?"

"No idea. But I think he's going to be in our box, tonight-"

"-And you want me to try and find out what it is." I finished with a sigh. As much as I dreaded the thought, my curiosity outweighed my fear. It could be something serious, after all. "Alright, I'll give it a go." I huffed, a smile in gratitude making its way across my brother's lips, "Thanks, Sis."