you

You
Black hair
Brown eyes
And a smile that lights my sky

You even give me butterflies

When your hand interlaces with mine
My heart skips a beat inside

I wonder if this is what it's like to fly

If it is I'm glad it's you bringing me so high

-

High high high

The rough calluses of his skin touch yours gently, softly, delicately rubbing warm chest squeezing circles on the tab of your thumb leading to an outbreak of goosebumps.

You swear he's heaven in disguise.

And when his lips meet yours they are smooth as satin and warm as freshly melted candle wax. Coffee. They taste of coffee, bitter and sweet all at the same time and you never thought someone tasted so divine.

You think God, "Can he please be mine".

But then—then he's whispers words in your ears. Words that never sounded so good before in your life. It's the voice you tell yourself. His voice. Kind of rough, kind of sleek. Either way, the meaning cuts deep.

He opens the door for you every single time and when somethings wrong he's the first to notice. It makes you wonder why. Why you? Why not somebody else? But you hope he doesn't miraculously change his mind.

And when he's gone it gets so lonely. A space only he can fill. So you try to keep busy or else he won't leave your mind.

You feel crazy but you can't help it.

People say love makes you crazy.

If only they knew crazy wasn't even close.

No, you felt insane. Jacked up on cocaine insane and you weren't even an addict.

Because he wasn't just a person. He was a sky, the trees, and the air you breathed. You saw him in everything. And that's when you realized love wasn't just an emotion.

It was alive, running through your veins and curling around your muscles. Kissing your cheeks and dampening your skin. Fluttering an entity of feeling in the vicinity of your stomach reaching up to the tops of your chest. It felt like what you imagined magic to be.

It was more. He was more.

And you hoped—
Hoped to fucking god it never died