my boy

The seasons changed but you always stayed the same. Golden hair in the summer sun, smelling of cedar and worn leather in the fall, eyes blue as ice in the winter, and tasting of maple and fresh rain in the spring.

The warmer months darkened your sandy skin while the colder ones flushed your cheeks pale pink. Your immaculate curls shined soft ringlets on top of your head as your very own crown.

The touch of your fingers unfailing warmed my flesh whatever the weather. The heat of your lips rippled fire through my veins and static to my nerves no matter the time of day. Words smooth as gravy, sweet as sugar, and doused with a voice of divine tune saturated my eardrums day and night.

A boy who loved me hourly, daily, monthly, yearly. A boy who filled my heart to the very brim will him, overflowing with each sunrise and sunset. A boy with freckles like stars constructing consolations and dimples as enchanting as moonlight. A boy who is my sky of color, weather of choice, and oxygen to inhale.

Just a boy who is nothing but a galaxy, giving me life, and pumping blood to my heart. A boy who fits perfectly to my intricate puzzle of jumbled pieces. A boy who is mine because nothing else makes sense.