Chapter 10

The restraints around both of their bodies tightened like rope or thick vines coming from the depths of the darkness upon the will of BEN Drowned. The boy's long, pointed ears twitched when he glanced at Sasha, tilting his head.

"Ah, you returned! You came much farther than last time," he teased, leaning forward, his feet not touching the ground. This reminded Y/N of Candy Pop.

"I-I wasn't scared this time! I-I had...Y/N! My friend!" The male shouted back, gripping the knife tightly. The wires that snatched up his wrist tightened, but he did not release the kitchen knife. BEN sighed, realizing it was useless trying to budge a determined conscience and released his wrist. Sasha, not worried about what this elvish-looking male would do to them, used the knife to cut the rest of the restraints off of him. BEN opened his mouth and let out a garbled screech, the sound creating a shockwave of terror throughout those who heard him.

The green lights on the ground and trees flickered around them and Y/N was dropped to the floor. She saw the blond male fade in and out quickly, becoming distorted and fuzzy to look at.

"Dude!" BEN shouted after a moment or two to calm down, "those are like, my nerves!"

The wires retracted slowly away from the female, slinking back into the shadows, but forever there. Sasha glanced down at the cut wires, which didn't sprout electricity because they were no longer connected to the system (and were dead in the first place). He then moved over to Y/N quickly, picking her up gently, the knife dropped on the floor. BEN watched with a solid frown, his arms crossed over his chest. Blood still dripped from his face, but both the contestants soon noticed blood came from his eyes like an unlimited supply of tears.

The floating entity cleared his throat at the shocked looks the two were giving him, he waved his hand downwards, "uh, looks like you got some...attention."

They were confused. Attention? Sasha seemed to notice first due to the unnatural blue flash on Y/N wrist. He poked her cheek, pointing down at her right hand to inform her that she had received yet another care package. Wait. Would they even be available here? The sky looked too dark; were they underneath a roof?

BEN noticed the female's hesitance and leaned back.

"They'll reach here," he spoke and turned towards his large monitor, the screens flickering to different images without the need of a mouse, "it's not like they'll disappear."

Trusting this boy's advice, she pressed the blue circle softly. The strange sound of a flying vehicle was heard above them once more, and she spotted the flash of light above them. This hadn't happened before, was it night already? Did time pass that quickly? Questions spun in her head and her mind spun. The package's movement from the sky is what brought her back to reality and it fell in front of her.

This package was the same size as her last one. She tore off the plastic wrapping and opened it up.

There weren't as many items in this box as there were in the last one. This box had a few band-aids, one of those mini water bottles, and a slingshot. Wait, there's something underneath the slingshot.

Sasha recognized the item first, "a...Gameboy."

BEN, who had been attentive to his computer screen, twisted around with surprise. His ears twitched as if they were actually repeating the words that bounced off the walls.

"Excuse me, what? A Gameboy?" He questioned, moving over to the two quickly, Y/N, who now held the item, held it away from him as he tried to catch a look at the electronic. Was this important? Something he needed? She could possibly use this as leverage. BEN narrowed his eyes, his ears flopping downwards like a disappointed animal. This felt so surreal.