Chapter 18

Staring at the figure in the doorway, Y/N bent her knees. She felt the ache in her calf, where that man with the mask had shot her. The quick flash of waking during the quick surgery flooded back to her. It was painful, something she wished she hadn't woken from, though, now wasn't the time of reminiscing. Levi was in danger.

"So...let's say I just slit this boy's throat right here and now?" She grinned, her hair falling to the side, revealing a clock replacing her eye. It was a difficult distraction.

The other female dropped her backpack, swiftly unclipping the machete. She gripped it firmly. There were a few things littered across the floor that she would have to avoid if she were to run across the room. The pale grey care package was left littered on the ground, in the middle of the room. Y/N kicked it over to her side.

"You think anything they send you will do any good?" She spat, knife away from the young contestant's throat, yet her hand was still over his mouth, "how naïve can you be?"

Y/N glared at the package, ripping it open with the large blade in her hand. Something had to be useful in here, anything at all. It'd be better than nothing.

Luck was on her side today.

The first thing she noticed were two pieces of flint wrapped in some sort of metal springs. A lighter lay useless by their side with a note tucked neatly underneath the springs. A relaxing fragrance wafted in the room. Y/N grabbed the note, the lighter, and one of the flints. Clockwork glared at the girl.

"Hey! It's pretty rude ignoring a hostage situation like this!" Her knife was then brought close to Levi's neck. He lifted it, granting further access as he was trying to draw his head away.

E/C eyes met with emerald ones as the two girls stared each other down. Y/N sighed, the flint and lighter in one hand. She dropped her machete, switching it out with a lighter. The female killer seemed to be confused yet oddly fascinated with what she was planning. Levi looked more frightened than ever.

"I'm not ignoring it, this just..." She trailed off, sighing with a dramatic, irritable tone, "this is a stress reliever, okay?"

Clockwork clicked her tongue, shining the knife against the sun, nearly digging into the boy's skin, "drop them."

Y/N felt her heart twist at the sight and her eyes flicked over to the flint. It was glowing a warm color, nearly red.

"Drop them!" She shouted once more.

The female dropped the lighter, the flint now burning a hot red.

"Levi...mind getting some shut-eye?" Y/N raised her brows and brought her arm up quickly and threw the item to the ground. It created a smashing noise, like a single crackling of a fire. Both contestants had glanced away or hid their eyes with their arms.

The white, blinding flash of the makeshift flint and coil had actually worked.

Clockwork let out a shocked shriek and Y/N opened her eyes, bent down to grab her machete, and dashed forward. She grabbed the woman's wrist (the hand that held the knife) and bent it the opposite way of Levi's form. The male was able to shimmy out from the female killer's grip and the middle of the room. The H/C haired girl pushed Clockwork out to the railing, twisted her form around so she was leaning over the edge. She pried the knife away from her grip and threw it off the ledge of the building. Y/N had to also drop her machete to make sure this one-eyed killer couldn't move.

Both breathed heavily during that whole ordeal. Y/N being able to outsmart a killer and apprehend them was only one small feat. The next problem was how she was going to get out of here with both herself and Levi.