Epilogue: Puppeteer

The knock was heavy and simple, though, it didn't open immediately. The room was basked in darkness, but she could clearly see golden threads lining the walls and a few were lying lifelessly on the floor. The sight was short-lived when the door to the room opened, the light that came from the other room bathed the black room in white. The person that stood in the doorway glanced around the room until their golden eyes landed on Y/N. She could see the way his golden smile widened with the way the shadows crept up his face.

"You're finally awake.." He seemed to breathe a sigh of relief and brought his right hand up in the air. The golden strings she had seen around the room began to slither along the ground, reattaching to his fingertips, and then sliding away somewhere unseen. His hand relaxed at his side as he placed the other on his hip, "you caused a lot of trouble, you know that?"

Y/N glared at him, glancing down quickly at where she was lying. A comfortable bed, but not her personal one. This room was also unfamiliar to her. There were dark blue walls and wooden flooring, but she couldn't say that this wasn't a nice room. Y/N also discovered that she no longer wore the yellow hoodie the hooded killer had given her but a grey one instead with black, cotton shorts. She could only imagine what had happened while she was unconscious.

God... Y/N thought, placing a hand on her forehead. Everything was just crumbling down around her. Memories were beginning to flood back and the reality she lived in was slowly coming to realization. Everything that had happened...it wasn't just a nightmare after all.

"Where...where are we?" She lifted her head to face Puppeteer, her brows creasing and eyes swirling with a mixture of emotions. The male at the doorway scrunched up his face at the question and looked away.

"Out in the middle of nowhere, what do you think?" He tossed his head back, motioning to the window. Fresh dew hung to it, the signs that it had rained not too long ago. Y/N slowly began to push off the two blankets that were on top of her legs and slid off of the bed to move over to the window. He was right; they were indeed in the middle of nowhere if you could count a forest like that.

"But, somewhere safe, if that's what you're worried about." He crossed his arms and entered the room, deciding to settle on the side of the bed that was closest to the door, though, he still watched Y/N like a hawk.

But...the others, she thought, searching the outside. She placed the palm of her right hand against the glass, do I really deserve to be safe while they're all dead?

The window was cold, sending a ripple of shivers down her arm and to her body. She jolted away, her shoulders sagging as the thoughts swarmed her mind.

Norrington, Ronan, Sarah, Barbara.. They're all dead because of me. She grits her teeth, sinking her nails into the palms of her hands, why couldn't I just..

"Hey."

Puppeteer's voice startled her. Both his hands appeared on each side of her head, leaning against the frame of the glass, "I know what you're thinking, so stop it."

She didn't turn to look at him but could feel his glare burning into her soul.

"You can read my mind?" She questioned. A humorous breath of air was released from the grey-skinned killer's nose and he shook his head with a smirk.

"Read minds, no, but I'm a killer whose instinct bases on the level of other's mental health," he explained shortly after. His voice ghosted her left ear, creating a burning sensation that reached her neck, "it's easy to tell what someone is thinking about even based on their posture."

His right hand dropped, skimming her right hand's knuckles. He curled his own hand over the top of her fingers and slipped underneath them, creating a distraction so she wouldn't harm the skin of her palms.

"You know," he lowered his chin onto her left shoulder, smiling at the human fondly, "I hope to see a genuine smile on your face once this is all over. It'd be a sight to see."

Y/N's lips straightened out as she stiffened. Her face grew darker by the second and it only made Puppeteer laugh, his head lifting, but she could still feel the buzz of his voice against her shoulder and silently wished to feel it again. Even though he had lifted his chin, he shifted himself to the right of her, switching his right hand with his left.

Puppeteer moved Y/N's right hand upward to his mouth and pressed his lips against her knuckles, keeping it there for a moment with closed eyes; but opened them after a few seconds of keeping her hand there. She could feel his lips curl up into a smile as his golden eyes lifted at the sight of her blushing face.

"C'mon, let's go take care of you, alright?" He squeezed her hand and spun on his heel, pulling Y/N along with him. The female could feel the guilt on her mind lift exponentially more after his words.

~

Route completed.

[Up next; True End]