Chapter 13

"Y/N," the mentioned girl flinched at her name, "my name is Bloody Painter. It's nice to finally meet you."

Y/N frowned at this. Bloody Painter didn't sound like the most welcoming of titles. She clutched the straps of her backpack and pulled on them with discomfort. Something came fluttering out of the side pouch, landing near her right foot. The two of them stayed silent when she bent down to pick it up.

It seemed to be a postcard. There were two words on the back; Your Saviors.

Y/N flipped it over and gazed at the laminated photo and stared at it for a moment with confusion, then her eyes widened when she realized who these people were.

The brunette that killed S/N. The blue masked man. Candy Pop. That one, scarred boy she had seen at the very beginning. A white-masked male with his face covering lifted, a cigarette placed at their lips. A hooded figure next to him. A small girl in a pink dress sat at their feet, grinning at the camera.

These...these killers, they looked so carefree in the photo. They looked like actual humans. Living beings.

But this didn't look right. Their height, their outfits; it didn't sit well with her. Even so, this was a nice gesture (even though there was a possibility it was fake).

Y/N placed the picture in her pocket and then saw that Bloody Painter had brought out a large sketchpad after lifting her head to check if he had moved. White sheets of paper hung loosely from the binds as he held the book against his knee, a pencil in his hand. He was concentrating on his work, hands moving swiftly along the paper. The girl shifted in her place. She was a bit interested in what he was drawing due to all the wonderful art he had created down the walkway. Then, after this thought, he stopped drawing.

Bloody Painter slipped off of the wooden stool and placed the sketchpad on top of it, the pencil hooked neatly between the round, metal binds. He turned to Y/N.

"Are you and... That man, close?" He questioned, his voice hushed, almost as if he didn't want anyone to hear him speak. A look of clear puzzlement appeared on her face. She placed a hand on her forehead, dragging it upwards, lifting her H/C bangs (or loose strands of hair if you don't have any).

"Why..." She let out a frustrated groan, "why does everyone talk in hymns here? Who is 'that man'? And who are you? Bloody Painter...that's not- that's not a normal name!"

The killer didn't respond right away, he just listened quietly. A shaky breath left her lips and she glared at the white mask, the red smile giving her a dreadful feeling. He let out a small hum in response to this, a frown forming behind the mask.

"Then you really don't know, do you?" He hissed, moving his hand up to his blue jacket. She saw this and poised one foot behind the other, ready to grab her machete.

"Know what..?" She was hesitant to respond.

Y/N spotted the twitch of his other hand as he began to slide the other out, "that this is all-"

"Otis, Otis," another voice surprised the two of them. When Y/N was about to turn a hand placed itself on her head, "boss told us not to talk about that, remember?"

The H/C haired glanced to her left and spotted the familiar masked male. His hand felt cold against her head, but it also felt like most of her worrying thoughts had decided to leave her for that specific moment. When she glanced back at Bloody Painter, her gaze settled on the bloodstained knife that was pulled out of his blue jacket.

Why did he have that out?

Her heart, once calm, was now pounding in her ears. The grip Otis had on the knife tightened, but he seemed to calm down quickly and placed it back into the area in his jacket. Kagekao, the one who placed his hand on the girl's head, retracted his hand and moved forward, walking up the two steps to stand beside his supposed friend.