t w o

(Female lead visual is subject to change)

Savon

"You're late!" I answered the door to let Chris in. "My time is valuable, it is to be respected!"

"To be blunt, I never gave you a set time. Afternoon is from 12PM-6PM. It's 1 PM, learn your timeframes." He stated

"Don't you think you should have grew out of the Diva mentality by now? Follow me!" I headed into Felish showroom.

This was part of the house Felish loved to entertain in small guest in, it was full of her and my father's accolades. The room had a glass fireplace that was shared with the living room on the other side of the wall. Over on the luxury couch, I wanted to want to sit and talk about our plans. But Chris took to the bar to help himself to a drink then toured the room to look at all the pictures.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that I gave permission to touch shit that isn't yours?" I looked at him confused.

He seemed to have ignored my comment, a picture on the shelf of myself and dad caught his attention. "Your dad was the goat during his time."

"Still is, don't disrespect." I corrected.

"Most definitely, he had one of the craziest pens in the games. I had hoped that day one when I made it we would have been able to work together."

"Touching story," my tone was sarcastic. "So, what I —." I tried to talk but he cut me off looking at another picture.

"You sing?" the 8th grade talent show picture of me caught his attention.

"I'm what you would call an undiscovered prodigy."

"Is that right? What held you back? More importantly, to give yourself the title of a prodigy you must do more than sing. Just because your father was big shit back in the day doesn't give yourself any bragging rights."

"We'll see, not only do I sing, but I dance, I played seven instruments by the age of eight, and speak three different languages. Hell, I can even do hair and give you a lineup if need be. Couldn't nobody back then fuck with me and damn sure nobody today. But I sure as hell don't walk around with my nose in the air about it. I don't care who I'm related to, I'm a problem all on my own!"

"Which is why you chose the alias Nubia Reign? Heard that EP you put out in 2009."

"Those tracks should be buried, how do you find them?" I asked shocked.

"Nothing ever dies when it's uploaded to the internet. Told you I would do my homework about you? What makes you think I would trust you to get me on a different level in my career if I have no damn idea what you can do? Besides you, have you worked with a real artist before?"

"Listen," my hand rested briefly on my chest as I was getting irritated. "You have all the right to feel the way you do! But you aren't going to shit on me to make me feel small. I chose to fallback from the industry because some people make it and some people don't. No matter how hard I tried to push through without a handout. Nobody would give me a chance. I have penned songs for plenty of artists. I make real fucking music. But because I'm not light skin and a damn curvy petite ass woman, those assholes looked over me. You want to down my EP go right ahead, because I'm waiting to have this meeting you keep interrupting so I can empty the clip on your past work!"