t h r e e

Savon

Savon

Chris and I made great progress last night on the album. Without any distractions or weird ass energy, it's clear he can be really productive. Don't know for how long I can maintain that kind of focus for him, but I'll kick out whoever I need to in order to make this album an success.

Together, we spent all night in the studio. We didn't leave until 3 in the morning. He felt guilty for breaking his promise to his daughter. Not even he could deny though the magic that was taking place. Still, I know we have more work to do.

When I returned home, I stepped backed into a quiet house. My best writing comes to me in the real early morning hours. Rearming the security alarm, I placed on my AirPods and went work just free flowing from the heart. Nothing but good ol' pen and paper. My notebook probably had a good two albums worth of songs for myself written down waiting to be released, but I never recorded a single one. With Chris at the center of my creativity, all the words that came to mind was for a guy perspective.

I wrote so much that I tired my ass out. When I woke up, I damn near jumped out of bed when my hand fell by my waist side feeling the vibration of my phone ringing. The sun was up and birds had already began to chirp when I finally got myself together.

Three missed calls from Chris appeared on my screen. Shit, I thought to myself as I gave him a callback.

"What hell, I been calling you all morning!" Chris sounded real aggravated.

"I'm real sorry," my hand rested for a moment on my forehead. I was truly embarrassed.

"No excuses, bring that big ass on."

"I'm going to be delayed, I have to wire Felish's lawyer money as a retainer so I can get this motioned to obtain the rights to — you know what. Don't worry about it, I'm on my way."

"Nah, you have a lot going on it's cool."

"Chris, I'm fine. After we left the studio I just wanted to keep it going, I had inspiration and I wrote a couple lyrics for you. No whole songs or anything, but I'm just staying prepared."

"Nah, you good. Wasn't you who said to me respect my time? I been here, ready, and waiting for you."

"I apologize, I can be there in twenty minutes!"

"Twenty minutes in LA traffic?" Chris scoffed. "I told you that you needed to take time to deal with the loss in your personal life. So now, I'm making you get it together. You have a good one!" Chris disconnected the phone.

"Fuck!" I shouted.

My heart was racing, I think I just got fired. Part of me thinks it's just that aged old reverse psychology mental mind fuck. I have seen my father, as he would call it, turn the heat up on his artist to get them to understand whatever he needed done from them. Pushing them to be their absolute best without them realizing what he was doing.