t e n

Chris

Chris

"Do I need to be worried that you like to be up early before me?"

When I stretched myself awake I seen Savon dressed and ready to go for the day, she was sitting in the suite chair with her notebook and pen. Quietly, she was up already talking to herself as she caught a hit of inspiration immersed in her notebook. I had to repeat my question just for her to notice I was talking to her.

"I don't normally sleep long," she answered.

"For real," I planted my feet on the floor as I rose up to sit on the side of the bed. "What, you afraid of me seeing what you look like in the morning?"

Savon cut her eyes up at me as if I had the audacity insinuating, she was ugly. "I woke up like this," she cut me a smile knowing that wasn't completely true.

"What the hell you doing up early anyway writing? You know you don't have to impress me anymore right? We established already that you hail from music royalty, you're a workaholic."

"No offense, but I'm not trying to impress you. The album is almost finished and the way I'm feeling about it, it's one of those ones that need to be on it. Besides, my family has nothing to do with me trying to deliver on my job."

"I didn't bring you on this trip to work."

"But you do keep me around to finish this project, it's not my fault this arrangement in my mind is driving me insane."

"You have till I get out this shower, I was a little distracted throughout this trip but don't think I forgot I told you before that you need to flow. You turned into my personal assistant overnight, my collaborator by day, my songwriter by night. Hit the pause button for me, please. I wanted to enjoy you, enjoying yourself."

"You have a promotional performance today, you'll be swept up in work. You won't notice that I'm off somewhere writing."

"That's the problem, you off somewhere instead of being present in the moment. At the music video shoot you were off in the corner."

"No I wasn't in no damn corner, I sat front and center and watch you dance. Acting like a damn fan seeing you being the creative that you are. Since we on the topic, what the hell was that. 'See, there she go running' comment you made about me. Were you talking about me?"

I walked off to the bathroom as I waved off her concern, "that wasn't what you thought."

"Then what was it then?"

"I wasn't talking about anything personal, I talked highly of you. I only said that you were shy, I told her before you came over that you were going to say hello and dip, that's it."

"For the sake of not wanting to fuck up the vibe for the rest of the trip. I won't cause a big ass deal out of this, but unless you're inside my head. Don't assume what you don't know, I don't have an issue networking. That wasn't my moment, that woman was focusing on getting her steps down and directing her video so she could get the hell home to her family. She wasn't interested in shit I had to say."