n i n e

Savon

People always say when it rains it pours, but the sun will shine. We relate that to when times are tough, it hits hard, but that moment will pass. Through my own personal episodes, I seen different sides of that meaning. Shit takes on a different form when you watch someone else go through their own tough time.

When I asked Chris those questions last night, it was to know the person beyond the name, the fame, and the stories whether they were true or not. Being a product of the industry is not for the weak, the world has watched him shatter time and time again. Each time those pieces are put back together, it's not the same person no matter how he tries to make it look good.

This morning, I was already dressed and ready to go before Chris had woke up. When he did get his start, he had went into the bathroom but didn't close the door all the way. Any other time we been around each other, I have seen him calm. But when he entered that bathroom, he was acting different.

As much as I tried to be into my phone, I couldn't help but look up from my vantage point to see him take something as he stood in front of the mirror. He tilted his head from side to side, and rolled his shoulders forward one time as if to shake off a feeling. Chris remained in the bathroom for at least close to thirty minutes. Doing whatever he required to last through the day.

I wanted to speak up, ask if he was okay. But I didn't want him to know that I was watching. When he finally came out, he hadn't said a word. His movements were of high energy, he shuffled around his belongings. Figuring out where he last put down his items and what outfit he wanted to wear.

"Do you need help finding something?" I asked.

"Huh?" he questions? His body still flowing with small movements although he stopped in his tracks.

"You been moving around the room like you lost something, you don't need to rush you aren't due to appear for an interview until noon." I asked as I had his iPad in my lap with his schedule mapped out.

"I'm trying to find my bag, it's black, about the size of a small carryon." He scratched his head as he continued to move about the room.

"Here," I got up from the hotel chair. "It had fell yesterday on the side of the dresser. This one right?" I held the bag up, the zipper was halfway open so I went to close it.

Chris must have thought I was trying to open it, he snatched it from my hand. "Chill, I got it." he went into the bathroom and shut the door this time.

"My bad, I was trying to close it."

In seconds I heard the faucet running. I didn't question it further, clearly he wanted his privacy, and I didn't want the answer to something I either wouldn't understand or didn't want to know. His behavior in short was erratic, but I'm not here to judge. The clock had already started, I'm only trying to stand on business. I'll sweat the personal stuff later.

While Chris was in the bathroom, his phone had ranged. He almost shot out that damn bathroom to get that phone. I didn't even get a chance to see if he had anything on the sink counter I was so caught up with his movements.

"Hey baby!" he smiled as he answered.

He didn't go back into the bathroom, he closed the door. Within that quick moment, I was only able to see the bag wide open on the counter. He moved around the room while he talked to his daughter. Yet, when he took a seat on the bed he finally leveled as he continued his conversation.

"Daddy love you, call me later alright? Bye-bye!"

Chris laid back on the bed, letting out a sigh as he looked up at the ceiling. Once again, I checked on him. "Everything okay?"