Chapter 4: Jealousy & memories fill the air

Kalina's P.O.V:

OMG. Chresanto just called me baby. When I read that text message I couldn't stop blushing, until.........Jerome leaned over and saw it. He looked mad as h3ll. "What the h3ll is this n1gga calling you baby for?!" I never thought of Jerome as the jealous type, and its weird because whenever he is around me or we are texting he will not stop talking, but it's kinda cute. But when he's around other people he is as quiet as a mouse. "No, calm down. Chresanto is just my friend. You are over reacting." that made him furious "Just a f*cking friend Kalina?None of my friends call me baby!!" then I got mad "Really Jerome, really?! so your tellin Me Sarah doesn't call you baby, Lakya doesn't call you baby? And why do you get mad every time I'm talking to him but when every other boy in this school trys to talk to me or is harassing me, you just stand there with a blank look on your face??!!" after I said that he shut up and looked away. He looked at me with a 'Im so so sorry' look, he grabbed my hand and look at the board for the rest of the class for what was like for 3 more minutes. After the bell rang, I walked away as fast as I could to my history class trying to avoid Jerome.

Jerome's P.O.V:

If only she new what happen to me when I was in the 10th grade, the only reason I came to this school

Flashback:

Me: "man get off my girlfriend!! I ain't playing I will beat yo azz if u don't let her go."

Person: "Aye my niqqah shut the h3ll up." I lifted my shirt up slightly so he could see that I was serious.

Me: this niqqah had a gun!!! Melinda looked so scared, and I was furious. She was my first love and now I was about to watch her get raped.

Melinda: I was never so scared in my life! And the worst part of this all is that Jerome had to watch this all. All we did was walk in an abandon warehouse.....he told me it was a bad idea, but of course I didn't listen..... " leave me alone and let us go!" I said and spit in the man's face . That just made it worst because after I said that he slapped the sh1t out of me, next thing I know Jerome and that man were fighting.

Jerome: I soced him in the jaw so hard that he fell back. I grabbed Melinda and ran. when we got out of the building Melinda fell, I picked her up and realized she had been shot in the head. I got up and turned around and then. BOW. I had got shot in the chest, everything went black.

I woke up in the hospital screaming for Melinda, a doctor came in the room and informed me that the guy got away and Melinda was dead.

Reality:

After that painful memory, I started to tear up. Kalina asked me if there was anything wrong and I said no. She knew I was lying though. Then I realized that I would have to tell Kalina sooner or later , and that is basically the reason why I never did anything when boys flirt with her because I think back to that day. And the only reason why I don't trust that Chresanto guy is because she actually might dump me for him, but those other guys are nothing to her. I need her, I can't lose her because of her so called best friend. I ended my deep thoughts as the bell rang.