Chapter 3 :: The Shirt

A bright light came pouring through my tiny window. I slowly opened my eyes, rubbing them slightly and for some weird reason , I found that I had received a pounding headache. After everything that had happened last night, I was not surprised.

Once I had gotten myself out of the bed, I realized that I still had Cone's shirt. Great, now I had to go over there and give it to him. I had two hours until my first class so I had plenty of time to return the shirt. I rummaged through my boxes of clothes which I had yet to unpack and I found some leggings and a fitted tee. This will have to do. I let my hair down from a tight bun that I had put it in last night and applied a bit of makeup, just some blusher and mascara.

I looked around and saw Kristina's small sleeping figure on the bed so I started to unconsciously tip-toe around the room avoiding waking the petite girl. I stepped on a creak and was lucky because the figure just groan and stayed in bed. I let out a sigh of relief.

As I was making my way down the stairs, I noticed that I was actually the first one up. No one was downstairs, at all. I looked at the clock that was nicely placed on the wall and saw that it was 8:03 AM. Most of them probably got a hangover last night or they were just extremely tired or something like that.

Once I exited the house, I felt the cold crisp air hit my face and it actually felt quite nice against my usually hot skin. I smiled taking in the cold weather and started to walk over to Cone's house.

It took around ten minutes to get to his house and once I'd arrived, I noticed all the crap and rubbish from the party, last night. I had to stifle a giggle knowing that they were going to be going through hell when they needed to clean that. Suddenly my wolf started to feel a weird sensation and so did I as there was an unusual shiver down my spine.

This doesn't feel right, Max. I feel strange.

She ended her message with a swift howl and I felt this odd feeling too. I shrugged off the feeling as I reached for the door bell. I quickly rang it before I regret the decision and prance off like a giddy school girl.

Only a few seconds later, a groaning Cone was answering the door. I was actually relieved because I definitely didn't want to explain to a hung-over stranger why I am holding Cone's shirt.

"Well if it isn't little Max Black." He told me and I could see a tiny smirk playing at his lips.

"Cone." I told him narrowing my eyes slightly at his smirking figure.

"So I am guessing that you are here to return my shirt." He suggested and I nodded shoving it in his hands.

"Um, sorry about that." I apologized.

"It's fine." He shrugged it off and then shoved the shirt into my hands. "You can keep it, it suits you better anyway." The smirk grew as the blush started to creep into my cheeks.

"Oh, um, that's okay." I told him stuttering slightly. "It's your shirt."

"Keep it." He told me sternly and I let out a huff of annoyance but kept it in my hands none the less. "Come in, I'll get you a drink." He ushered me into the house.

"Okay." Was my genius response.

Once I was in the house, Cone led me into a huge kitchen. It was much bigger that the one at my house with a fancier twist to it as well. The kitchen sides had marbled table tops and, let alone this was a frat house, they were in good condition.

"We have coffee?" It came out as a questioned.

"Sorry but coffee and I have this hateful relationship." I told him with an apologetic smile.