Chapter 1 :: First Day

Finally, college. I was finally a college girl and I'd finally found and been accepted to a sorority. Today was the day that I was moving in. I decided to leave all my friends behind for the well deserved fresh start. The college was an hours drive from where I used to live so I could easily visit my best friend Charlotte. She had decided to not go to college and stay at the pack house.

The sorority that I'd joined was called Alpha Sigma Kappa and to be honest, I couldn't wait to see what it was like. What the experience would be. Would it be any different to the pack house? Charlotte had drove me this morning to the college.

"I am going to miss you Maxi Poo." I laughed at the nickname that she'd given me.

"Same." I sighed. "The parties will never be the same without you."

"Yeah." She dragged the word and I laughed at her. "Trust me, you won't notice that I am not here with you, college parties are so good. Oh look a fit guy." Her head staring at a guy who smirked at her.

"Charlotte." I scolded as if she was three.

"I was just looking." She smiled sweetly.

"Whatever." I laughed. "I guess they are kind of cute."

I suddenly frowned as my heart started to beat quite quickly. I can't love anyone. I cannot love anyone. Sure, sometimes I hook up with guys but honestly, it is not the same. It feels like there is a missing part of my heart and I am sure as hell that my wolf agrees with me.

"Look Max, I want you to have as much fun here." She told me honestly. "I get that you have to study and all that boring shit but please go to parties and get drunk and get laid." She wiggled her eyebrows and then saw my none amused face. "Just try and forget Brandon for me."

"I have." I snapped at her accidentally trying to control my rage.

"I know you have." Her voice was soft as she spoke to me. "It's just that you deserve better than him." Silence greeted her as she let out another sight. "Well call me and I'll be down straight away and vice versa, you know, just in case the pack needs you. Now go! Go have the best years of your life."

"Thanks Charlotte." I hugged her and she instantly returned it. We both got out of her car and started to get the suitcases out. I pulled her into one last hug and turned to her again. "I will miss you.

"You too." She slowly got into the car doing a U-turn and waved and beeping her horn at me.

Once I had finished waving at my friend as she went to the motorway, I turned to look at my new home for the next years. It was a nice white color which stood out more than the other houses. I walked across the concrete path and to the door. I rang the door bell anxiously waiting.

An overly preppy blonde opened the door. Her hair was bouncing side-to-side as she widely smiled at me. She had blue eyes that looked like she was ready to start a prep-rally at any moment. "Hi! I am Lucy and welcome to Alpha Sigma Kappa. And you are?"

"Max."

"Oh yes, you're on the list. Let me show you to your room and by the way, your roommate is already here. Oh and let me give you this sheet, it has all the party dates. Tonight is the big pool party to represent the start of a new school year. Boys across the road at the sorority Beta Theta Pi are hosting it and they are more smoking than the sun. Bring your bikini, that is a definite. Oh and by the way, we don't allow boys in the house so if you hook up with anyone, it will have to be anywhere but here. Any questions?" Before I was able to reply she cut me off. "Great! Lets go!"

We went straight up the stairs and i noticed pictures from previous years. There was one that I noticed the blonde in. It was last years one. Once we were up the stairs, we turned down a few corridors and I made sure to take note just in case I got lost and soon we had made it outside my room.

"Well, here we are." She stated the obvious. "We are all leaving for the pool party at six so that gives you plenty of time to get yourself sorted and get ready."

"Thanks." I told her and she left straight after she heard the door bell go off again.

I opened the door to my room and in front of me was a petite girl with dark skin and long black hair. She was extremely pretty. She stared back at me and we both knew that we were both werewolves by the distinctive scent.

"Hey, I'm Kristina." She introduced herself.

"I'm Max." I laughed.

"Max." She pondered for a second. "I like it so Max have you found your mate?"

"What?" If I'd water in my mouth, I was sure that it would be on the floor.

"Sorry that was a little too far forward to start with." She laughed. "Anyway, I can't wait for the pool party." She squealed.

"Yeah same." I smiled.

"What are you wearing?" She eagerly asked me and she really did remind me of Charlotte.

"I was thinking of wearing this green bikini." I suggested while opening my blue suitcase. I fiddled around a bit trying to find it but when I did, I showed it to her.

"That's so cute!" She giggled. "I am wearing a black one. Wait, let me get it." She swiftly opened a draw and showed me. "Ooh, I hope there's going to be some nice man candy that I can get my hands on. There's this guy called Cone Waters and he's like the hottest guy ever. I heard that he got an award for being as hot as he is. It can't even be described.

"Seriously? That hot?" She nodded

"Yeah but he's human... unfortunately... that kind of sucks. Hey! I hope there's a juice keg."

"Whoa, you like to party then?" I laughed at her while she nodded repetitively.

"Honey, I am the definition of party. Now, lets get ready." She winked.

A few hours later, we were ready. My straight brown hair was now curled, thanks to Kristina. She also did my makeup with a black smoky eyes with red lips. My blue eyes stood out with the eye makeup that I had on. I had my bikini on under some shorts and a small top along with sandals.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. My heart leaped from it's stable position as I jumped out of my skin. Then, I realized that it was only the blonde girl.

"Hey it's Lucy You know the girl who took you both around. Anyway, we would like all the girls downstairs before we go to the party." She told us while walking out of the room.

Kristina and I both got up from our positions on our beds and walked down the stairs. We saw that other girls were already down there and I realized that we were the only girls left. I felt a wave of awkwardness brush over me.

"Girls, please place your hand on your heart." We did as we were told. "I say your name, promise to fulfill all the duties and responsibilities of an Alpha Sigma Kappa girl."

Voices echoed from all over changing their name in the fitted position. "I Max, promise to fulfill all the duties and responsibilities of an Alpha Sigma Kappa girl."

After everyone had done their's, the girl, Lucy, had told us what we were waiting to hear. "Great, now lets all go party!"