𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝙰𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚕 𝟾𝚝𝚑

My eyes drift open and my mind readjusts to where I am. Callie's bed frame has an inbuilt bed beneath, one to pull out. It's here I lay warm beneath the doona. I pull the doona over my shoulder and snuggle further beneath.

The morning sun is dispersing through the trees and glinting through the open window. I know because a delicate shadow of leaves sway on the yellow of Callie's bedroom wall. Cool air carries the smell of a eucalyptus forest, damp with the dew of April. A kookaburra sounds outside; its companion soon joins in.

The Ball juts into my consciousness. And the moments with Mick replay in my mind. Then Cooper's comments on the drive home.

Callie sounds a long inhale from her bed beside me, then continues her rhythmic breathing.

At least when my best friend wakes up, she'll only have positive memories to revisit. Reef spoiled Callie last evening. And I have secondhand love for him.

What's the time?

Picking up my phone, my home screen comes to life. Two notifications appear upon the screen.

Omg. Gabriel messaged me!

Ignoring the other message, I tap upon the message notification from Gabriel.

Hey Eden! You looked beautiful tonight. Wish you were at afters x

Gabriel thought I looked beautiful? Have I actually woken up? Am I still dreaming??? Who was the other message from?

I exit the messages with Gabriel to the list. The one beneath is from Mick. I tap on it.

Thanks for being my ball date xx You looked amazing!

Fuck off. And in the same breath, I delete our messages. Mick is no longer my interest.