Canyon Moon (Merry Movie Marathon Day)

A/N - So today's the 23rd and the official start of Christmas and New Year exclusives (that's what I call them) 

So, as I said before, I told you all these are going to be pretty long. And, I'll be posting new imagines (only on some days) side by side, and the day's name will be on the brackets. 

Anyway, enjoy.

After a month and a half of nonstop travel and late nights, everyone was looking forward to a few days off before setting off to Paris for the European leg of the tour. Having grown up in Chula Vista, you were no stranger to Arizona, and we're excited about the Phoenix show, but even more excited about what came after.

During a conversation with some of the crew, you had casually mentioned that you had never been to the Grand Canyon. You then promptly forgot about the conversation until Harry brought up the idea of renting a car and taking a road trip back to LA.

He rented a cabin in the North Rim for three days and had it stocked with groceries so it would be all ready when you arrived, and you set out in a rented Jeep Cherokee the day after the show. Harry insisted on driving while you were in charge of navigation and choosing the music. You played oldies music, singing along with the windows down, the cool autumn breeze whipping your hair around. You were on a mission to find a song that he didn't already know and were finally successful with the song Sea of Love by The Honeydrippers, an old 80's band that only released one short album of covers from the '50s. Growing up, your dad had an old cassette tape of theirs that he would play in the car.

"You got me on this one," Harry said, glancing over at you with a smile. "Who is it? It sounds familiar."

"The Honeydrippers. It was a side project with Robert Plant on vocals, where a bunch of rock stars in the 80's re-recorded songs from the '50s. My dad played their album a lot when I was a kid, and I've always loved this song in particular; he would always sing it to my mom," you explained, a nostalgic smile on your face.

Harry reached over and grabbed your hand in his, bringing it up to his lips and kissing it lightly. It was different, being completely alone with him somewhere other than a hotel room or his dressing room. Good, different. He listened to the song with a quiet intensity while you sang along, swinging his hand in yours along to the beat.

After almost 6 hours of driving, the two of you finally pulled into the driveway of the little cabin Harry had rented. It felt nice to trade in the heat of the city for the cooler desert air and the golden-hour lighting peeking through the trees. The front of the cabin was secluded by trees, while the back overlooked the canyon.

All the driving, coupled with the exhaustion from the show the night before, had the two of you in bed fast asleep by 8:30 pm. You woke up the next morning to the sun shining in through the gauzy curtains, illuminating the room with a soft glow, and Harry's arm draped across your waist. His hair was sticking up at odd angles and he was snoring lightly, no doubt catching up on sleep from all of the late nights on tour. You smiled and snuggled closer to him, feeling his arm tighten around your waist, letting your eyes flutter closed again. This was the first time you had spent the entire night together and you wanted to savor every moment.

An hour later, Harry started to stir beside you, waking you from your dozing.

"Mornin'," he mumbled into your hair, sleep weighing down his voice.