Sunflower (Chocolate Candy Day)

A/N - Heyyy! Howz your day going/went guys? I hope all of you are doing good and are healthy n safe. Lately, I'm not doing so good in my health. I think I've got some infection or something. 

Buttt, don't worry darlings, I'll upload the one-shots here everyday.

Sometime after that night in Washington DC, things had shifted between you and Harry. While the two of you were starting to get close before, things seemed to speed up until you were inseparable.

He wanted you around for the most simple things; whether it was brushing your teeth together in the theatre bathroom before a show or eating breakfast in the hotel lobby. The air between the two of you had been growing thicker with every secret smile and prolonged glance.

It was in Atlanta that the tension finally boiled over. After the show, you rode back to the hotel together. It was an older hotel; gorgeous, but without some of the conveniences of the more modern places you had stayed. Like 24-hour room service, for example.

You waited in the living room area of Harry's suite while he showered, scrolling idly through the Harry Styles tag on Tumblr on your phone. Although it wasn't part of your job description, you liked to keep up with the fans on social media. It helped you gauge what they liked and didn't like about the shows and you kept that information tucked in the back of your mind for later.

Harry finally emerged wearing a pair of black sweats and an old One Direction hoodie, his wet hair dripping onto his shoulders.

"I'm hungry," he announced, crossing the room to sit next to you on the couch.

"I think I have a granola bar in my bag," you said, reaching across him to try and grab it. He grabbed your waist, pulling you back.

"Nooo I want real food," he whined, draping his body across your back.

"Too bad, the kitchen's closed," you said, laughing as you tried to sit up and push him off. That just made him hold on tighter.

"We could sneak in."

"Absolutely not! I don't want to get kicked out!"

"You won't be kicked out, you're with me." You punched his arm lightly as punishment for his cockiness. "Plus, we don't have to worry about that - as long as we don't get caught." He looked up at you with a puppy-dog look in his big green eyes and you huffed, shoving him to the side.

"Fine. But this is your idea and I'm not taking the blame for it."

The two of you slipped on your shoes and snuck down to the lobby. It didn't take long to find the kitchen, it was down a small staircase in the back of the building.

You were both giddy with adrenaline, stifling giggles whenever one of you made a sound that was just a little bit too loud. The kitchen was pitch black, and it took a few tries to find the light switch. You may have knocked over a baking sheet in your quest, causing Harry to shush you loudly and then burst into uncontrollable laughter.

He talked a big game up in his room, but his good-British-boy genes kicked in and the two of you ended up with Nutella sandwiches with chocolate canes, hoping it would do the least amount of damage. He insisted on making them, motioning for you to hop up onto the counter to watch him work.

"It's all in the knife skills," Harry said, making a show of spreading the Nutella on two slices of bread.

"Forget X Factor, you should have been on Master Chef," you said, giggling.

"Finally! Someone recognizes my culinary excellence!" He held his hands in the air triumphantly, accidentally flinging some chocolate at the wall. "Oops."

You rolled your eyes and slid off the counter to grab a paper towel and clean it up while he finished the sandwiches. He cut them into triangles and plated them on paper towels, not wanting to use up any dishes. He sided it with the chocolate canes.

He handed you one of the sandwiches and held out his own in a toast.

"To Master Chef-level sandwiches," he said before taking a bite. He watched eagerly as you bit into your own sandwich, waiting for your reaction.

"It's good," you said through a mouthful of chocolate. You ate in silence for a moment, feeling the air between you shift from playful into something more intense, and neither of you wanted to break the spell.

You began to clean up silently; Harry rinsed the knife in the sink and you put the Nutella, canes and bread back into the pantry, catching a glimpse at your grown-out roots in the stainless steel door.

"Ugh, my roots look so bad!" You exclaimed, briefly forgetting the tension in the room as you scrutinised your appearance, which was slightly distorted in the reflection.

"I think you look great," Harry said, coming over to stand behind you and wrapping his arms around your waist. He rested his head on your shoulder and made eye contact through the reflection as he reached his hand up to stroke the hair at the top of your head. "It's dark in the middle, and light on the ends, like a sunflower."

You could feel your cheeks heating up in a blush and you turned your head away from your reflection, and from him. He caught your chin in his hand and spun you around until your back was against the cool metal door and his other hand was resting on your hip.

"I'm serious," he whispered, squeezing your chin gently. "You're beautiful, Y/N."

He leaned in slowly, pausing with his lips just a fraction of an inch away from yours, so close you could feel his warm breath.

"Okay?" he asked, always the gentleman, giving you the chance to say no. You nodded and leaned in just a little to meet his lips with your own. A field of sunflowers bloomed behind your closed eyes at the feeling of his soft lips on yours. He kissed you gently, slowly, savouring every sweet second. You both tasted like peanut butter and somehow it was perfect.

It was over way too soon and you leaned your head back against the door, eyes closed and a small smile on your lips. He wrapped his arms around you, pulling you close.

"Wanted to do that forever," he mumbled into your hair.

"Really?" You asked, opening your eyes in shock.

"Mm-hmm. Why do you think I requested you specifically?"

"Because of my amazing assistance?"

"That was part of it, but from the day I first saw you, I couldn't get you out of m'head." Now it was his turn to blush, and you liked how it looked on him.

You could've stayed there forever, but as time ticked closer and closer to morning, you knew you had to make your escape. Harry insisted on leaving a $20 bill on the counter, scrawling a note on the back of a receipt.

"Sorry!

xx Haz"

"Harry! Don't sign your name!" You scolded, snatching the pen from his hands

"I promised not to let you take the fall, and I'm not doing that, am I?" he asked, holding the note out. "Your name is nowhere to be found."

After just a moment of hesitation, you grabbed the note from him, signing your own name beneath his.

"& Y/N <3"

And, if, the next morning, you happened to see that one of the kitchen staff posted a picture of the note on Twitter saying

"omg @Harry_Styles and @YourUsername snuck into the kitchen together after the show last night! MY OTP!!!" with a string of heart-eye emojis, well, that was none of Harry's business.