Christmas with Styles' (Christmas!)

A/N - Wishing all of you a veryyy merryyy christmas!!!! Have the perfect day, eat cookies, cakes and lastly, enjoyyy!!! 

A. x

"Mum, please!," you whined, but deep down knew there was no point doing so. It was her word against yours, and the plans were already arranged so you had to go.

"You two hadn't seen each other in years, honey. Take it as a nice chance to catch up, you used to be the greatest of friends," your mum encouraged you.

And that was the main problem: used to be, in the past tense. Whatever your bond was back then, it was no longer there, and there was no need whatsoever to bring it back.

***

When the car engine stopped, you instantly knew you had arrived. The place was oddly familiar, as if you had been there before but couldn't remember. When you got out, you saw her and flashed her a smile.

"Y/N! Oh, sweetheart, you look gorgeous!," Anne chimed from afar, waiting for you and your family at the entrance.

You ran towards her and hugged her tight. You hadn't seen her since you left home to go to University, but made sure to call her weekly because you truly adored that woman. She had seen you grow and turn into the lovely woman you were today, as she sweetly reminded you every now and then.

"Please, come in. Gem's upstairs unpacking, but Harry is in the living room awaiting for you. He's excited to see you," Anne said, opening the main door for you all to enter.

You smiled at her, but tightened the grip around your luggage. This whole situation was starting to make you anxious. The TV was on and the sound of it was welcoming, but his presence wasn't. He was laid on the sofa when you spotted him, one of his hands under his head while the other grabbed the remote control.

You spotted the staircase on your side and intended to disappear upstairs, but he heard a noise and sat up instantly, looking in your direction with a surprised countenance.

"Hey, you," he greeted me.

He flashes you one of those smiles you'd seen on pictures with fans and photoshoots, the one that was charming and cocky at the same time and could pretty much make every girl salivate. Except you, of course.

"Hi, Harry," you nodded in his direction, before taking the stairs towards what would be your room for the next two weeks.

As Anne had informed you, your bedroom was the second door to the left. You knocked a couple of times before turning the doorknob around.

"Oh, look, the swot just arrived." You laughed at Gemma's words and squeezed her.

"Said Mss. Honours Degree."

"That's still to be seen, I haven't graduated yet," Gemma laughed.

"Oh, but you will in a few months and you'll get them, we both know that."

That girl four years older than you was like a sister to you in every possible way, especially since you were an only child. She'd known you since the day you were born and was always ready to give you advice or be a shoulder to cry on, whatever you needed most.

After almost two hours of endless chatting with Gemma, you both went downstairs. Anne and your parents were talking in the kitchen while cooking, so you proceeded to set the table.