two.

☻ Oaklee ☻

"Come on Oak, I'll take your shift. I need you to show them around and everything. Please?" Maggie asks.

We're in the back room arguing about how I don't want to show them around anymore. The problem is Maggie doesn't know why, and I don't really plan on telling her.

"Maggie! Please don't make me." I whine, fully aware that I sound like a two year old who doesn't wanna go to the doctors, but I couldn't give two shits right now.

"If you do, I won't fire you!" She says with an eyebrow raised, and a knowing smile.

I let out a heavy breath, "Fine.." I give in, this is my only job! I cant lose it over a dickhead. She smiles at my response.

"I knew it, now come on, they've been waiting." Maggie speaks as she reaches for my hand.

I lean back as I let her drag me to the front. I put most of my weight down so she has to drag my now heavy ass body.

I'm so dreading this, not only do I have to train Reece I have to work with him. Emphasize on the word 'work' because that means a lot of seeing him.

When I see them I stand up straight and put on my best fake smile.

"So boys this is Oaklee, Oak this is Roman-"

Roman! Oh my god..that's Roman? Jesus, he looks so different. Like crazy different. I remember him having blonde hair, but not too blonde and was always happy. He was always smiling, cracking jokes, cheery, and had a happy resting face at least.

I knew he looked familiar, and that's probably why he looked shocked to see me.

Guess not cause I'm a mess. Nah, I'm still going to pretend that was the reason.

"-and this is Reece." Maggie finishes.

Believe me I know who he is. The fucking cheater. My boyfriend. My ex. My true love, or so I thought.

The douchebag.

"Oaklee will be showing you guys around and how it works around here. Please pay attention to her!" She says with a voice that says 'please do good because we have no employees.'

Reece nods and Roman speaks up, "We will don't worry." He gives her an assuring nod, which she returns with a warm smile.

Woah, Romans voice is different too. There's a slight change in it. It's definitely attractive, won't lie.

Maggie nods, "Okay, now go! You all have something to do."

I turn to them awkwardly with my lips pulled into my mouth. "So..uh first let me show you around the bookshelves I guess." My hands awkwardly motioning towards the shelves.

They nod and I lead the way.

I really hope they're following me because if they're not, I'd look really stupid.

When we make it to the adult section of the bookstore I begin explaining what each aisle contains.

"This aisle is autobiographies and mostly just old people books. Not our most popular section, obviously. " I say as they follow me. Walking to the next aisle, "This one is magazines and cooking books." I continue on. After about three more aisles I see Reece looking around and down at his phone.

This guy isn't even paying attention.

I turn to him and snap my fingers in front of his face. "Hey! Are you even listening?" He jumps a little and turns towards me.