eight.

ϟ Reece ϟ

When I saw Oaklee walk into the library earlier, it was obvious something was wrong. I tried to leave her alone, but she just kept staring and fucking with me. It was annoying as hell. After she snapped at me, I started debating the idea that maybe this job isn't worth dealing with bitchy girls in bitchy moods, but I needed money, so I just went on doing what she asked.

I walked around the library, pointing people in the direction of whatever books they needed, sorting the stack of books that had recently been returned, and keeping an eye on my "boss."

It took a few minutes, longer than I expected, honestly, but I was finally done putting all of the books back. I started walking back to the front desk to get my new orders from Oaklee, or hopefully lack thereof, orders from her. When I was finally close enough to set my eyes on her still annoyingly pretty face, I noticed that the same face was buried in her arms so that she could lie on the counter. I walked closer, honestly at first I thought she was just faking a nap, but as I walked closer, I saw her nose twitch like it always used to when she would fall asleep.

~-~-~-~

As I look down at my girl on my chest all I can think about is how lucky I am she chose me. She had passed out just right now. Her migraines were killing her tonight.

I turn my head to look at my phone and see that it's 3:17 a.m. I was asleep when I heard her in the bathroom practically puking up her guts. When I went to check on her she was laying on the floor, crying, curled up in a ball.

I felt so bad, that my heart physically fucking hurt. I hate when she gets her migraines. She's in pain for hours and her body is weak. She doesn't like to do anything, just lay in bed. I continue staring down at her as I softly run my finger through her soft hair. I could stare at her like this for hours.

She's so fucking beautiful.

Her beauty seems fake because of how perfect she is.

Then, I see her nose twitch. Every time she sleeps and I'm watching her, it's a slight movement in her nose. Almost invisible unless you actually pay attention to her. It brings a small smile to my face.

I lean down and press my lips to her head, inhaling her sweet scent that can bring me comfort any day and everyday. Then I move my head to kiss her cheek, then once more on her head before whispering, 'I love you so much, my love.'

~-~-~-~

I shook myself out of my reverie and heaved out a sigh before I walked away. I know I'm an asshole, but if it's what I think it is, sleep will do her some good. I completed all the other tasks that needed to be done, which was not a lot. I stayed close to the front desk so that I could make sure she didn't somehow die in her sleep or more likely fall off of the counter.

It was almost closing time, and I had just finished sweeping the floor near the non-fiction section when some dude in a flannel decided to start walking towards the front desk, his eyes locked on Oaklee. He wouldn't actually wake her up, right?

But that's exactly what it looked like he was about to do. His hand was raised like he was about to touch her. Right before he touched her, I yelled, "Hey! What the hell are you doing? Leave her alone. She's clearly sleeping peacefully, dick."