Chapter 9

“Love and Lies”

2013 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 9

“Is everyone ready to go?” Trevor walked into the living room where everyone was waiting for him. Trina sat on the arm of the chair, Lev held up the bar and Joe stood on the opposite side of the room absently staring down at her nails.

“I’m ready,” Trina announced, standing up.

Trevor turned to her and grinned. He looked so sexy standing there wearing his form fitting Levi’s and plain black tee shirt. So sexy that Trina couldn’t seem to take her eyes off him.

His lips curled up into a smirk that she was all too familiar with.

For a minute there it was as if they were the only two people in the room. To say it was a surprise when he took off his cowboy hat and strode across the room, planting a kiss on her cheek was putting it mildly.

“What do you think you are doing,” she whispered harshly.

Trina spared a nervous glance in Lev’s direction. He was otherwise occupied with tying his shoe. Trevor leaned into her and his bare arm brushed against her sensitive skin. She fought a shudder from the intense heat she felt blooming in the small place their skin connected.

“What?” he asked innocently. His expression though was anything but innocent. It was more like the devil that she remembered from high school. Now she wasn’t sure if bowling with Trevor was such a good idea. “You look like you’re nervous about something?”

Unable to speak, she vehemently shook her head. There was no way she would let him know what she was feeling with Lev standing just feet from them. She leaned back determined to put some space between them.

Trevor didn’t seem to care about her personal space. He stepped closer and leaned in to her ear. He was so close that Trina could smell clean soap and man. A heady mixture that oddly left her feeling sort of aroused. “Are you sure about that?”

“Positive,” she swallowed hard and murmured so that only he could hear her.

Trevor watched her for a second longer, their eyes connecting with each other before he let out a deep throaty chuckle that did funny things to her insides.

She purposefully took another step away from Trevor and rolled her eyes in annoyance.  This time he let her have her space. She was glad too because this irritating cowboy was really beginning to drive her mad.

Trevor turned around, smiled at Joe and nodded at Lev.  “Are we ready to roll guys?”

Lev slowly walked over to Joe and slung his arm over her shoulder. “What are you talking about?” he teased.  I was born ready. How about you, partner? You ready to kick some ass?”

Joe shot a questioning glance In Trina’s direction.  This wasn’t like Joe and it caught Trina off guard.  She was used to the self-assured Joe that always knew what to say and what to do.  All Trina could do was shrug her shoulders.

Sighing, Joe turned back to Lev. “Well, when you put it that way I guess I better be ready, right?”

“Now that’s what I’m talking about,” Lev commented.

Trina shook her head in bewilderment. She just didn’t get it.  This was not the same confident Joe that she had lived with for the past few years. Standing there she studied her as she stood stiffly by Lev that’s when it hit her.  It was like a light bulb suddenly turned on inside her head. Could it be possible that Joe was acting nervous because she truly did have a honest to God crush on her brother?