𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, banishment

FEAR OF HER.
[ chapter four ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

ALBY TAKES A SEAT NEXT TO EVE, while she sharpens her knives some more, even though they don't need it. Chuck sits silently beside her, using his tiny pen knife to carve a small figure.

"Why did it have to happen to Ben?" Evelyn grumbles, flicking her wrist and causing a few sparks to fly off.

Alby shrugs sadly, sighing in defeat when Thomas stops in front of all three of them before squeezing into the gap between Eve and the leader.

Evelyn glares at him before shuffling slightly closer to Chuck, ensuring that she's not touching either of the boys.

"So, what happened to him??" Thomas asks Alby, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees.

"It's called the Changing." Alby says quietly, "It's what happens when someone gets stung."

Thomas' eyes widen and he opens his mouth to reply with another question, but nothing comes out and his gaze moves to the floor when Alby repositions himself.

"Listen. We haven't been able to get a clear word out of Ben since it happened." Alby looks at Eve then back at the new boy, "You know, he's not making any sense. And it's only gonna get worse."

Evelyn nods, humming in agreement,  causing the three boys to look at him, "The infection is spreading. He's dangerous. I wish he wasn't, but he is and there is nothing we can do about it."

"What- what did he say to you?" Alby questions the girl and the boy, lowering his head to get a better view of their faces.

Evelyn licks her lips, shaking her head, "He didn't say anything to me, but..."

"He spoke to me." Thomas finishing off her sentence before swallowing, "Uh, he said he saw me and that this is all my fault... How could this be my fault?" His voice breaks slightly as he snap as his head to Alby in worry.

Alby's eyebrows furrow and he stares down at the floor for a second before snapping out of some sort of trance, "Urm, alright. Eve, come on." He stands up, patting Thomas' back and Evelyn's head as he passes.

"Alby?" The dark haired boy says, raising his voice so he can be properly heard, "What's gonna happen to him?"

"Banishment." Evelyn raises off the stone wall and tucks her knives away before trudging off towards the doors, "Right now."

Thomas shoots up and Chuck does the same, both of them going either side of the girl as they approach the large crowd of Gladers.