𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, broken nose

𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑.
[ chapter fourteen ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

EVELYN WANTED TO STAY BESIDE THOMAS THE WHOLE NIGHT - there was just one obstacle. Teresa. The other girl refused to leave the stung boys side, taking dibs on the only seat in the med jack hut, her hand forced into his while she stares at his closed eyes awkwardly.

Eve spent her night in her hammock, like usual, but as soon as the sun peers over the rim of the maze walls, she makes her way over to the small hospital, shoving herself roughly through the door, slipping a knife out of her waistband, and flicking it between her fingers as a way to relieve anxiety.

She enters the small room, and without hesitation the knife whizzes past Teresa's head, causing her eyes to widen in fear at the weapon lodged into the beam beside her. She slowly turns to the door, her eyes meeting Evelyn, who's just stood there staring angrily at the new girl, her head tilted slightly while she slips her hands into her pockets.

"Get out." Evelyn states sternly, not blinking once while her eyes stay on Teresa's scared form, "Teresa." The girl warns, stepping to the side to reveal the open med jack hut door. She wouldn't dare speak to Thomas until the other girl was gone.

"What's your problem with me?" The black-haired girl stands up out of her chair, her eyebrows furrowed, "Why do you hate me so much? Is it because of Thomas? Are you jealous? Huh? Is that it?"

The way she spoke pisses Evelyn off, the girl is very clearly speaking to her as if she's some dirt on the bottom of her shoe. She spoke down to Evelyn as if she was petty and nothing but just a dumb Glader.

"Excuse me?" Eve snarls through gritted teeth, her hands clenched into fists in her pockets.

Before Teresa even has a chance to open her mouth to reply, Evelyn is already on top of her, straddling her hips on the hut's floor. She smacks the girl down, her head hitting hard against the planks, causing a loud scream to escape her lips as the other girl raises her fist, smashing her fist into Teresa's nose. A loud crack causing her to yell out again, this time for longer and louder.

Eve preps her clenched fist again to a hand grab it, stopping her aggressive movements. Her eyes raise up to her best friend's, his eyes just as wide as Teresa's while he heals. Evelyn off the girl. Minho spots something dark in her pupils, something that he had only seen once before.

"What the hell, Eve?" A blonde boy shouts from the doorway, as he rushes to help the greenie, guiding her outside and away from her attacker.

"We came to get Thomas and move him to the pit, did not expect you to be beating the shit out of her." Minho chuckles, picking Thomas up off of his bed, "Your lucky Gally or Alby didn't see. Actually, they'll probably see her broken nose and immediately know who did it."