𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, violence is the answer

𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑.
[ chapter sixteen ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

EVELYN'S MIND OVERFLOWS WITH THOUGHTS BUT SHE QUICKLY SILENCES THEM, focussing on the task at hand and not on the fact that she's getting kicked out of the only home she's ever known, all because of a boy she presumably hates. A few metres from her, Teresa is being led over to the two large poles in front of the maze doors, two Gladers tying her to it securely. Thomas' unconscious body gets pulled over and Gally instructs for him to be left on the dusty floor.

Evelyn's hands are restrained tightly behind her back, Alec keeping a stronghold on her wrists, knowing that she can easily break free of them if she wishes. Gally had previously ordered several boys to watch over while he delivered his infamous speech, but each Glader refused - Alec being the only one who is too scared to go against the already angry 'leader'.

The Glade falls silent for a moment, the small murmurs of the surrounding boys being the noise. Evelyn swallows thick, attempting to push all her nervousness down as she watches Gally pace back and forth before stopping in front of Thomas on the ground, "This is such a waste." He sighs.

"Gally." Winston calls, squinting as the sun beams down into his eyes, slowly everyone looks over at him in confusion, "It doesn't feel right, man."

Jeff nods in agreement from beside the slopper, shrugging his shoulders, "Yeah, what if Thomas is right? Maybe he can lead us home."

Gally steps forward, shaking his head, "We are home. Okay?" He points back to the wall behind him, "I don't wanna have to cross any more names off that wall."

"You really think banishing us is going to solve anything?" Teresa speaks up, struggling against the scratchy ropes on her wrists.

"No." The boy deadpans, "But this isn't a vanishing. It's an offering."

Teresa let's out small shouts of confusion, wanting to know exactly what he means by that while Evelyn let's out a low laugh at the boy's absurdity, causing his head to snap to her, "What, Evelyn?"

She tilts her head, small chuckles still leaving her lips and everyone around glances at her as if she's crazy, "You're one dumb boy, Gall. This place and the creators they've brainwashed you." She rolls her eyes, "Why—"

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the Maze after what he's done?" He shouts angrily, marching towards the girl, he half expected her to flinch at his tone but she stays tall and glares up at his eyes. He swallows, "Look around you! Look at our Glade," He turns to the other boys, "This is the only way. And when the Grievers get what they came here for... everything goes back to the way it was."

Eve shakes her head in disbelief, knowing that any words she has to give him couldn't convince him to change his opinion. Teresa, on the other hand, whips her head around to face everyone, "Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy."