𝒕𝒆𝒏, vials

𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑.
[ chapter ten ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

TERESA READS THE PAPER NOTE IN HER HAND, her eyebrows creased in confusion, "She's the last one ever. What does that mean?"

"I'm not sure." Thomas shrugs, his legs dangling over the edge of the tower, "Ever since you came up, that box hasn't gone back down. You know, and I just think it's got everyone a little worried. Especially Gally."

He looks down at the boy in question, noticing Evelyn sat on a log beside him, pointlessly sharpening her knives but her eyes are staring back into Thomas', causing him to look away in a hurry.

"He thinks it's my fault." Teresa bites her lip.

"Are you sure you don't remember anything else?" Thomas questions, the wind blowing in both of their hair.

"I remember water. Feeling like I was drowning. These faces staring at me." She explains, "And this voice, this woman's voice saying the same thing over and over."

"Wicked is good." Thomas nods, remembering his nightmares a few nights ago.

Teresa's eyes widen in surprise, looking over at him to urge him to continue his sentence and give her an explanation.

"Ever since I've been here, I've had these dreams. Well, I thought they were dreams. You... You were there. You were there, and you told me that everything was gonna change." Thomas tells her.

"What does it mean?"

"I don't know. I just always get pieces."

"And the others don't remember anything?"

"No. I don't think so." Thomas replies, knowing that Evelyn gets nightmares - they could possibly be memories and she just doesn't know, "Why are we different?"

Teresa brings something out of her pocket, two vials of blue liquid swishing about inside. Slowly, she passes them to him, only letting go once he has a tight grip on them, "Those were in my pocket when I came up."

He inspects them closely, noticing the small lettering carved onto the side of them, "W. C. K. D." He reads, "Wicked is good."

"What if we were sent here for a reason?"

"Alby." He whispers, shooting up from his seated position and rushing down the watch tower and straight over to Evelyn, shoving the vials into her chest and not giving her enough to time to notice who just rudely barged into her.