Chapter 28

At the hospital . . .

12:00 midnight . . .

Tubes were coming in and out of him. It was like he was hanging to a thin line.

I watched as he chest rose up and down.

The needles in his hand made me flinch a little.

Right now it was unsure if he was going to pull through.

He was shot once in the stomach and twice in the chest area close to his heart. Since he has lost a lot of blood they had to do an immediate blood transfusion.

The doctors assume if he did pull through he will need assistance for the rest of his life.

Luckily Kianna was unharmed. She was with both of my parents along with Sincere

The shooter was still on the run.

He looked so relaxed but I knew that wasn't something to be calm about.

A knock came to the door.

It open to mama Janice. Her eyes were red like mine.

We both have been crying up a storm.

" I'm just checking in" she said looking at Julian.

I watched as she shook her head looking at the condition he was in.

" He's my only baby I can't lose him now"

" you won't" I said to her

" y-you right baby I want"

I stood from my seat to console her like she did me earlier after the doctors broke the news to us all.

" have you ate sweetie"

" um yea some pieces of bread "

I wasn't hungry to eat anything.

" girl you need to eat something"

" Honestly I don't really want to"

She looked at me giving me a sad smile. We both sat down on the small couch watching Julian.

" my boy is a fighter. Always was always will be"

" one time he was able to fight off a bully cause he was smaller in grade school"

" I remember being in that office and I told him to point to the other child"

" Chile I thought that baby was a full grown man"

" looking like he swallow bricks with that thick neck" Mama Janice said shaking her head.

I burst into laughter listening to the story.

" are you serious"

" I am not kidding but he was beat up pretty bad with a black eye and bleeding lip"

" I never understood how my lil Julez was able to do that"

" probably the only time he didn't get in trouble from being suspended from school"

It was quiet amongst us. All you can hear was the machines that was keeping him alive.

Before I know it I leaned over on the couch dozing off.

Two weeks later

At this point what is sleep. It was the last thing I got. I wanted to be there when he wakes up.

The doctors was losing faith.

But I wasn't.

It was finally December.