Chapter 3

New Years Eve,

Julian

" Mr. Westbrook you have a call on line one" My second assistant said.

" Who is it"

" She didn't say"

I picked up the phone.

" Hey baby"

I instantly frowned up at the familiar voice.

" Jade I divorce you days ago"

" I know but I miss you, baby I promise I'll be better"

She just miss me spoiling her ass.

" goodbye" I said hanging up the phone.

This was her tenth time calling me from weird numbers at that.

I don't know what her deal is, but I'm not going back to what we had is in the past.

I'm done settling down.

Shit is for the birds.

Literally.

I was still stuck at the office going over my layout for a new building.

I want to own my own set of townhomes.

I've been doing some research on it and plus that would be another income for me.

You could call me one of the wealthiest bachelor of LA.

A young one too, at 31 years old  and making 7 almost at 8 Figures. I'm good at what I do.

I was self made, so I learned a lot of  it on my own  from hustling to investing while I was still in school learning the tricks and trade of business. I'm happy to say I'm to the point where my mother wouldn't have to work a day in her life again, that was the goal and I accomplish it.

Many women flock to me because of what I got, and I ate every bit of it.

I love it

having them when I want to and where I want.

Sometimes I don't know what I was thinking settling down seven years ago.

At first it was all good something that I thought I could get use to but a year after, it just went down hill.

She was nagging too much . . . my own mom don't even do me like that.

5:00 pm

I was finally leaving the building and wanted to stop by the hospital to check on Mama-J.

She was still there and her health wasn't improving.

I didn't want to face but I knew sooner or letter, her time was coming. She was glue to the family and was always trying to keep me out of trouble.

Her and my mom are the only reason why I stuck my head in the books and why I left that street life alone.

I knocked on her door before coming in.

She was laid up looking bored, but smile once she saw me.

" hey Mama-J how you feeling ?"

" Baby I would tell you but I don't want you to feel pity for me"

" you need me to do anything"

" I'm fine sweetie"

" did you eat today ?"

" yea they gave that nasty soup with no season in it, but your uncle stop by Roscoes for me"

I shook my head at her.