I am not a Ghost ... You just can't see me

My parents died on my fifth birthday. It had been such a wonderful day autumn day,orange and gold filled the backyard from the trees to the ground, leaves everywhere; Autumn has always my favorite time of year, but this supposable happy day was destined to take a turn for the worst. My mother who from what I can remember of her was not the greatest of bakers had managed to bake a delicious cake and had put so much icing on it that both my father and I had misjudged the thickness of the cake and on first bite got a mouthful of rich icing; My father had bought me my first bike and he spent the day teaching me how to ride it in the backyard.

After dinner we sat down in the living room to watch one of my favorite movies at the time ‘The adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle’; I sat between my parents on the couch the majority of my attention focused on film,one my fathers arm draping over my mother shoulder , his other resting next to me; at that moment everything was perfect. It had been- and sadly still is- the best birthday of my life. My parents had let me stay up that evening after endless nagging since I had gotten up that morning, at first my parents objected but as I continued to plead they finally gave in.. Once the movie had ended my father got up to begin locking the house up while my mother began taking me up stairs to bed. As we made it to the first step of the stairs the doorbell rang. My mother locked around for father but couldn’t see him so she let go of my hand and went to answer the door.As she began to open the door I heard her sharp intake of breath and then…

BANG! BANG!

She just collapsed where she had stood her lifeless body on the floor just inside the door. A sticky pool of blood draining onto the floorboards.

The intruders were dress in black from head to toe; there were two of them , both wearing ski mask and gloves. As they entered they just stepped over the blood and her body like it was a puddle of water on the footpath, not even looking at her, now dead on the ground.

The next thing I know my father comes running in, a mixture of fear and rage on his face; but before he can even fully comprehend the situation…

BANG! BANG!

I couldn’t move. Not an inch. I was frozen. I found my eyes scanning from my mother to my father-both now laying lifeless in pools of their own blood-, all I could think to do was to cower against the stair railing and cry silent sobs for my parents and the shattering sense of loneliness that now consumed me.

The intruders raided the house and took anything of surface value, then as quickly as they had arrived they had disappeared back into the autumn night. Leaving me there frozen in fear with the bodies of my parents lying in front of me. The only people who could see me- who even knew that I existed- were now dead. I had turned from an adored little girl who was the center of her parents world to little more than a living ghost, never to be seen, never to be heard. No one will ever know I exist. As this realization hit , it did so in waves of emotion; first desolate misery, followed by hysteria, followed by extreme fear and finally settling on untamable rage. I knew from that day on I would be alone and there was next to nothing I could do about it, I also knew that it was the doing of humans that I as a five year old was thrust into separation from the rest of world…

That was the day I became a very angry poltergeist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First story on Wattpad. The Idea has been eating at the back of my mind for a while now. So we will see how it goes :D. Writing style is not so good but maybe it will improve. Practice makes perfect right? Anyway comment if you want , any tips would be great and no promises that this will have an ending.

----------------

*EDIT~

So I am in the process of editing the current chapters to fix some of the holes in the story and adding some more detail etc. however with that said there are probably some bad edits in the edited version as it is nearly 11:30 at night and I am running on iced coffee :P ... also thanks to all the wonderfull readers and thanks for all the coomments I love know that people like this :)