I am not a Ghost ... You just can't see me [10]

Lucus POV

The kitchen is thankfully deserted when I get back to the house. I search the cupboards half-heartedly, not really expecting to find anything. I do manage to come across a tin of baked beans, but I leave them where they are because I am too tired to try and find anything else in the kitchen. So I head up to the attic and prepare to crash in my fort of boxes.

As I make my way through the hallway up to the stairs I can hear the rest of the pack are watching some football match or something. I myself am not a huge fan, but that might be just as much caused by the company as my inability to grasp the idea of the game in general.

I finally reach the attic, and by the time I do exhaustion has a strong grip. I open the attic door and cannot believe what I see. All the boxes are back where they had been when I first got up here. Why did the pack insist on making my life a living hell! The jerks had destroyed my fort and taken all the bedding. I am left with the hard wooden floor which because of exhaustion seems more inviting than the idea of going down stairs and having a fit at the rest of the pack (which would most likely end in a brawl; 14 of them against 1 of me). I walk over to the horde of boxes and lie down. The wood is hard and cold, but even so it is not long until sleep engulfs me.

 The same dream I have every night begins playing. The girl with the emerald green eyes and dark flowing hair. Like every night I am standing right in front of her and she looks right through me, I am invisible and she is perfect. It is strange, but I feel that this figure is the closet thing I have to a real friend and she never even knows that I exist. As the scene begins to fade in, I notice something different about where we are; usually we are someplace I have never been, but tonight I knew exactly where we were… we were in the attic, behind the fort of boxes. Her face was mostly calm, with tiny hints of distress. She stood near the outer wall of boxes and was staring at something on the floor.

I wonder why Lucus is sleeping in the attic… I gather the rest of the guys dislike him but… exiling him in the attic?

As her sweet voice chimed those few words I found myself grasping for air and then suddenly… I am awake.

Why had that sweet voice which chimed innocent questions cause me so much fear! It just didn’t seem right. The girl had never spoken before, so how had she known his name that the rest of the pack didn’t like him?

Calm the hell down man! It was your dream, so it is only logical that people in your dreams know about you…

 Once I have calmed myself , I try to go back to sleep. When I finally do, I don’t dream, it is just a calming abyss of back calm.  

Kara POV

I wonder why Lucus is sleeping in the attic… I gather the rest of the guys dislike him but… exiling him in the attic?

As soon as I let the words slip out of my mouth Lucus sat up so abruptly that I fell back and landed on my butt.  His breathing was shallow and quick as if he had just sprinted a marathon.

I remain still as he tries to calm himself, soon he has gone back to sleep. I soon follow suit. I curl up in my blankets and pillow and soon I am whisked away to my land od dreams.

---------

hey long time not see :)

this is probbably terrible... I am utterly mentally exhausted ... school had had me running raggard ... I want to keep this story going ... we will see :)

comments are appreciated