I am not a Ghost... You just can't see me [14]

Lucus POV

It is about 8:30 when I finally wake up again. That dream had really drained me, even after a solid three and half hours of dreamless sleep, I felt as through I had been hit by a train. My eyelids still hanging heavy. I heave myself off the attic floor and got changed behind my box fort.

I then headed towards the attic door to head down stairs in hopes that there may be some thing eatable in the kitchen. As I go to turn the door handle I notice something out the corner of my eye. One the floor inside the other box fort was a travel case that I had never noticed before. I let go of the door handle and when to investigate. As I got closer to the case I noticed that inside the fort there was also a sleeping bag and some pillows as well as a large hardbound book that looked as though it had come straight out of a fantasy novel. Utterly confused as to how and when these items got here I decide that I should probably look into it further and see if Mari or someone put these things here.

When I get down to the living room the TV is off, which is strange; usually the meatheads would have some kind of sport playing much to loud by this point in the morning. Actually the meatheads were nowhere to be seen. Maybe they were all still asleep. I walk into the kitchen and just as I do Mari walks in with an empty bowl, she mumbles a good morning before washing up her dishes and walks into the living room where she falls onto the couch and starts watching TV. I start searching through the cupboards until I find some cereal. I grab a bowl and some milk and take my food out to the picnic table outside. Opening and closing the door with my foot trying not to drop anything in my breakfast-full arms. When I look up to see where I am going, I nearly have a heart attack. There sitting at the picnic table was the girl from my dream; her hair flowing in the light breeze, her eyes a shining emerald green.

She looks up from her bowl with a quizzical look before checking behind her. I can’t take my eyes off her.

I had finally snapped I had lost it.

I slowly walked towards the table, my eyes not leaving her for a second. I sat down and just tried to figure out what sudden hallucinations meant in regards to mental illnesses.

She seemed quiet concerned at my behavior, I am sure I looked the sight; but she just sat opposite me with her quizzical look painted on her pretty face.

Suddenly her eyes widened and her hand flew to her mouth before she jumped up, her eyes now just as glued on me, as mine were one hers. She stepped to left and then to the right watching as my gaze followed her movement. Her eyes began filling with tears and her mouth curving into a smile.

‘Can you see me?’ she whispered, hopeful joy filling her chiming voice.

‘Yes’ I whisper back, not quiet sure why I whispered as there was no one around apart from us.

Her breath quickening, a smile almost as big as her entire face making itself at home on her face.

‘You can see me! Someone can see me!’ she jumped around in excitement.

Realizing that I could finally ask this girl the questions that had always plagued me in my dreams, I ask away.

‘Who are you? What’s your name? Why do I dream about you every night?’

‘Gez Luci did you get beat up by a squirrel last night on your rounds or something!  You know who I am; I am in your pack, far more superior mind you. My name is Jonathon and that who dreaming about me every night is just plan creepy and I would like to now request you stay at least 2 meters away from me at all times. Freak!’

Jonathon grabs my bowl and cereal and sits at the opposite end of the table. Ignoring him I turn back to the girl who is sending Jonathon some killer daggers. She notices that I am looking at her again and looks back at me before whispering; “Tonight in the box forts we can talk, I don’t need to give the pig men any more reason to pick on you” before skipping off into the forest behind the house.   

 ---------------------------------------------------------

I am really trying to get this finished I promise you I am just rediculusuly good at procrastinating. With that said this weekend I have managed to get over 5000 words done over different sections of the story it is just a matter of filling in the blanks. I am sorry for the lack of updates. Forgive me and hopefully 'I am not a Ghost ..." will reach its conclusion soon :) ( mind you that involves at least another 26 chapters! ) thank you all for the support you are all so kind and I am glad that you enjoy 'I am not a ghost..'

 :)