I am not a Ghost ...You just can't see me [11]

As the sun peaked its head through the attic’s dusty window, I am awoken by the clattering of the down stairs residents fighting over the last tin of beaked beans. Apart from Lucus – possibly Mari- the occupants were a bunch of pigs. They were noisy, dirty and most of the time idiotic. I sat up and surveyed my surroundings, Lucus lay fast asleep on the wooden floor-which did not look entirely comfortable- his breathing peaceful and calm. I arose and made my way down stairs in search of food and to begin yet another day of strategic observation. Unlike yesterday, the kitchen was abuzz with occupants. At the island counter were four of the men, three could have been brothers, the other was the boy from yesterday who began tormenting Lucus when he walked into the room. Of all the occupants in the house, I like this one the least and he will find that out soon enough. The other ten occupants were spread around the kitchen and in the living room, either looking for or chowing down on whatever food they could find. A few minutes later Mari walked in and the rooms fell silent. I was intrigued by the power this young girl had over such a loud and large bunch, they all seemed to be afraid of her but at the same time infatuated with her.

 I noted to myself that I would need to observe her more closely over the new few days. Mari walked to the fridge, grabbed out some yogurt and then some muesli from the bench top before finally grabbing a spoon and walking out to the picnic table outside. Once she had left the room conversations picked up where they had halted.

Sick of the bickering and fighting in the kitchen I went to see if I could learn any more about the anomaly that is Mari. She sat at the table quite peacefully, reading a book I had not noticed her carrying and eating away at her breakfast. She seemed like a normal girl, except for the fact that she had to be one of the most beautiful and strong women I had ever seen. I sat opposite her on the wooden table where I could see she was reading “The art of war”, which did not surprise me at the least. I stayed there for a while, partially watching my subject of interest, but mostly enjoying the crisp smell and sounds of the surrounding forest.

 Suddenly I notice Lucus making his way out of the kitchen with a bowl in his hands and a severely annoyed look plaster on his face. He walked over to the table and sat at the other end of the bench I was on. As he ate I could hear him mumbling to himself about what a bunch of pig headed jerks he is fortunate enough to be surrounded by. And at that point I decided on who was my favorite resident in the house. He would suffer the least when I start my haunting.

 Mari soon finished her own bowl of food, as she got up to return inside, she grabbed Lucus’s attention and gave him a reassuring look, I guess to try and put him in a more optimistic mood. He was really good at looking depressed. I thought about following Mari inside and continuing my observational research but decided against it. I couldn’t leave Lucus while he looked so sad; I just wanted to give him a hug.A notion that I can say I had never felt before. I sat across from him and tried to think of a way to improve him mood, then it hit me. I ran upstairs to my fort of boxes, which I partially disassembled to where they had been when I returned yesterday. I had assumed that it was Lucus who had moved my boxes and my blankets. I snuck down to find some more blankets and pillows before going back up to arrange them to create a floor bed fit for the queen’s corgis- it was a bed on the floor what else could I liken it to?

Before long I had created a magnificent fort and bed that in theory would cheer up even the glummest of souls. Pleased with my work I went back to the kitchen to get a drink and returned to my research into the ways of the pig-men.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooooo.... good news is that I have actually figured out where the story is headed (yay!) the bad news is that it may take me a little while to get into a routine... also I am giving up on editing at this point in time. Once I finsh a chapter I will post it... I feel that it is wattpad after all and so reader will acept a little typo's here and there right?

Comment. Like. Add. whatever you feel like.

Thanks for reading :D