I am not a Ghost ... You just can't see me [8]

Lucus POV

You would think that in a house that had 11 bedrooms that a pack of 16 fairly average size werewolves would have heaps of room to spare right?  Try telling the pack that; somehow the pack had agreed that there was not enough space for me to have or share an actual bedroom, instead I have been banished to the attic. Truthfully the attic is okay, I mean it is not like there are cobwebs everywhere and rats all over the place. What annoys me is the fact that my packs blatant disregard to trying to hide the fact that they don’t want me here.

When I was first exiled up here I found that someone had previously built a little fort in one of the corners; I guess I wasn’t the first unwanted tenant in the house. Inside the small fort there was a sleeping bag, a pillow, a suitcase and an old leather satchel. There was something familiar about that little fort but I couldn’t quiet put my finger on it. Anyway that fort thing was not a bad idea so I built my own with the many moving boxes that populated the attic. I made a bed using a couple of sleeping bags and spare blankets that were lying around the attic, and then snuck downstairs in search of pillows. Once the bed was assembled I moved on to improving my fort of boxes; I will admit it made me feel like I was 10 again and I loved every minute of it. By the time I was finally happy with my fort the sun was beginning to set which meant that the first shift was about to start. Not only had I been exiled to the attic but I was also the one who was lucky enough to have not only one of the first shifts of the night but one of the last one as well; I guess the pack blamed me for my best friend running off and putting us all in this situation, or they thought that an extra 5 minutes is too much like eternity to them, whatever the reason there is nothing I can do about it.

As I was closing the door to the attic something moved in the corner of my eye, but when I looked again there was nothing there.  Probably just a mouse I shrugged to myself and then hurried down stairs to get ready for my first shift.

Kara POV

When the new tenant moved in there was something off about them; that was probably because a group of 15 well muscled men and a small petite young woman who looked as through she had come straight out of a fairytale doesn’t generally correspond to you conventional dysfunctional family.

So I did something that I had never done before, instead of sifting through the many plans I had filed away for a rainy day, I watched them as they settled in trying to figure out what I would do next.

I mentally took notes on the way the group interacted with each other; I felt like I was an environmental scientist researching on the habits of lions in their natural habitat. I designated my observation post one of the stools at the island bench in the kitchen that allowed me to see into the living room as well. All the guys were constantly mucking around and there was the occasional wrestling match over who was ‘ lord of the remote’; they all seemed like close friends. Well all except one of the younger ones; he must have been 17 or 18, he was not as heavily muscled as the others and he also didn’t seem to have the air of cockiness that the others basically radiated with. When he walked in the playful joking stopped and the entire group turned and glared at the boy; ‘hey Luci,  hope that there are no mice up there in the attic , we wouldn’t want our precious little flower to be scared in the middle of the night in that dark cold attic would we.’ One of the other guys said with a Grinch like grin spreading across his face. The boy just sighed and then completely composed responded ‘ ha-ha very funny, now do you know where Mari is? I need to find out where I am on patrol tonight’.  The Grinch boy’s face dropped at his response, ‘She is outside’ is all he said and pointed through the kitchen to the backdoor.  As Luci walked out of the living room a victorious smile covered his face, he passed through the kitchen and went out the backdoor; I decided it was best for my research if I followed him.

Outside there was a small barbeque and an old picnic table and an ocean of weeds.

The young woman, who I assume was Mari, was sitting at the table reading a book. Luci seemed slightly skittish around her for some reason. I sat opposite Mari waiting to see what was going to happen. 

‘Mari, where am I patrolling tonight?’ Luci asked.

‘Which shift the first or the second?’

‘Both’

‘Ok, on your first shift I have you down for the west side which stretches right up to the airport fence, and for your second shift you are on patrol for the south, you will be taking over Marcus, so just follow his trail. Is that all? 

‘Yeah that’s all, thanks Mari’

And with that Luci started off into the woods.

‘Hey Lucus, I should probably let you know that the settle pack said that there has been an increase in hikers in the woods as of late, so make sure you stay hidden ok.’ Mari called out after him.

‘Ok I will’ Lucus called back.

Settle pack? Patrol? Not wanting to be seen by hikers? ...What was going on here? I turned back to the direction Lucus as walked in but I couldn’t see him anymore. As I turned back to head inside something large caught my eye in the woods, I wiped around to see what it was but there was nothing there.  Must have been an animal or something I tell myself and then return to the kitchen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tada!!!! I am sorry for my lack of update i have been busy finishing off school work and stuff , but I have just over a month off so i am aiming to update at leaste 2 more new chapters and also reupload some edited chapters ....

tell me what you think .. I love reading all the comments ... I thanks everyone for reading this :) Hugs all round