I am not a Ghost ... You just can't see me [9]

Kara POV

When I got back inside I found the majority of the tenants gathered in the kitchen fighting over a packet of Doritos; they resembled a pack of rabid wolves. I decided it would be best for me to leave them at their squabbling and head up to the attic.

As I made my way up the stair towards the door to the attic I replayed the conversation between Mari and Lucus through my head for the tenth time. No matter how many ways I tried to decipher it I never came up with a sane answer.

As I walked into the attic I noticed that someone had been messing around with my fort or boxes; half of it was now at the other end of the attic. Why the hell had someone been up here? From what I had counted – and I am quiet good with math- there were plenty of rooms for all the tenants, sure a couple would have to share but most of them seemed pretty close, so I don’t think that would have been the problem.

‘Well, no point crying over spilt milk’ I sigh to myself and begin reassembling my fort of boxes.

Lucus POV

The forest around me blurs into a wall of green and brown, flying past at a deadly speed. I always thought it was funny that I only like going fast when I am in my wolf form; in my other body I freak out on some of the mildest fair rides. Maybe it is because my wolf form is slightly less breakable. My first shift seemed to be passing fairly quickly, probably because the new surroundings had my senses going crazy.  I doubted that my second shift would be as enjoyable. There is nothing fun about running around in circles through the forest at 4 in the morning.

The end of my shift came around soon enough; I wish I could have said the same about my replacement. Johan – one of the three airheaded States brothers – finally arrived to take over and hour and a half after my shift had ended. As soon as he had found the trail he was off and so was I.

As I walked back to the house the crisp winter air grabbed at my hands. I never was one for the cold weather; I would much rather be left in the middle of the Simpson Desert for a week than spend a day in the artic.

Before long I reached the back door of the house. During my walk back I had decided that I would search the cupboards for something to take back to the attic before I attempted to get some sleep before my next shift, which was now only 6 hours away. 

-----------------------------------------------------

hello everyone. first off I know it is short ... I just needed to upload something before I found myself with writers block... I may end up adding more by the end of the night but no promises... this is terribble by the way... I just got back from work and i final had internet again after 2 weeks.... I don't know how long it will be between uploads as I am in year 12 this year and so I have no clue how bogged down with assignments I will be.... finally  THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT ;D.... your comments seriously make my day ... I am not even kidding about that either... if i wake up in the morning as see someone asking me to update or saying how much they like the story  i am in a good mood for the rest of the day so thanks again :)