Chapter 11

Everyone's grins were wiped away as all eyes were glued to Mundungus. He was looking around, releasing his arm from Kreacher's grip with a forceful tug.

"Mundungus," Harry spoke, his eyebrows furrowing together. "Where is the locket?"

Mundungus' eyes widened as he saw that Harry was speaking to him. It seemed like all the hairs on the back of his neck sprang up. He took a couple of steps back, his eyes not moving away from Harry's like one would do when facing a violent bear.

"Where is the locket?" Ron interrogated, striding a couple of feet in front of the thief. His red hair complimented the red spreading across his face from the anger.

"What... what locket?" Mundungus stuttered, breaking eye contact from Harry. "I have no idea what you are talking about!"

Your jaw tightened. "Cut that crap out and tell us, Mundungus. We know you stole everything that belonged to Sirius, now tell us where it is!"

Now the four of you inched towards Mundungus, like moths would to a ray of light. He stumbled back, avoiding Kreacher's touch. He landed on an old rocking chair, the stuffing of the arm rests oozing out of the seams as he sat down. His eyes looked wild and panicked.

"I... I didn't... I'm no thief!"

"Tell us the truth," Hermione ordered, pulling her loose ponytail tighter on her head.

"When you got rid of Sirius' stuff," Harry conversed, taking a small breath before continuing, "you got a locket. Where is it?"

Mundungus pinned his eyes at the floorboard a couple of feet ahead of him. His eyes moved from the left and right, like he was scanning his memories in front of him. "I... I think I remember a locket."

Kreacher snarled at this comment. "I found him in Diagon Alley... he was selling some things he stole."

"Hey!" Mundungus objected, starting to get up but Harry stopped him.

"You were selling his things?" Harry asked, pure anger and disbelief staining his words.

You were staring at Mundungus as he feigned embarrassment. A man like him is incapable of feeling a bit of remorse. "Who did you sell the locket to?"

Hermione walked away from the tension, her head buzzing with worry. Ron glanced to where she was going and debated on following her. "Hermione...?"

"I just need to think," she replied, her voice small.

Harry looked at you and you stared back. He was only a couple of spaces away from you. You wanted to reach for him. To hold his arm and tell him that the locket will be found. You wanted to comfort him but didn't know how to. You looked away, glancing back at Mundungus who was shifting on the chair.

"I don't know! I don't remember who I sold it to!"

"Remember!" Ron shouted, his hands shaking slightly. "Who did you sell it to, huh? A wizard? A witch? What did they look like? Tell us something!"

"She was a witch. She was very fond of it," he answered, fixing his coat. "I didn't get her name..."

You looked back to see where Hermione was and you were surprised to see her carrying a newspaper. Her face was emotionless, like a doll's. Harry tilted his head as he looked at Hermione, his eyes looking at the newspaper.

"Harry," she breathed and the way she said this made your heart jump to your throat.

She held the newspaper in front of her, the headline visible for everyone in the house to see. The wretched, toad-face woman was smiling on it.

She was wearing the locket.

"Bloody hell," Ron sighed, running his hands through his hair.

Mundungus sprung up at the sight of her, the first person to ever be happy to see Umbridge. "That's her! I sold it to her! You see? She's wearing it!"

Kreacher held the chain on his neck as he saw the copy of it on that nasty woman's neck.

Harry frowned, his glasses sliding down his nose. You pushed his glasses back and it made him look at you, his eyebrows slightly raised. "Hey, we know now who has it. We just need to get it from her." You placed your hands back at your sides, your chest getting warm from being close to Harry's face.

"But how will we get in?" Ron asked, noticing how Harry was scratching the back of his neck.

Hermione stared at Mundungus, her fierce stern look made you look the same towards him as well. He stared back, his mouth twitching like the stubble on his upper lip tickled him.

"I think he should leave," Hermione finalized, looking at Ron. "He already did enough."

Ron nodded, glancing towards you and Harry for approval. Ron was more than happy to get rid of him because for Mundungus' fault, achieveing the locket will be a million times harder now.

Harry frowned, his eyebrows knitted in deep thought. He rested his elbow on his other hand, the tips of his fingers touching his chin. He looked at the newspaper, where the locket was illuminating on Umbridge's neck. She worked at the ministry, where security must be at every step inside....

You pondered too, everyone in their own anxious filled world. You thought about strategies. Maybe to make everyone in the ministry go to sleep for as long as you four can get the locket, but you thought it was a foolish idea. Maybe a "day off" notice would be better. You decided to stay with this idea a bit longer but the rational side of your mind made you snap out of it. If only you can know what Harry was thinking about. Or Hermione. Or Ron. You wanted to know what they were thinking- to see things from their point of view...

Your eyes widened as your heart thumped with the buzz of this idea. "I know! I know what we could do."

"Kreacher, make him leave," Harry ordered, a small smile on his lips as he saw how excited you got.

Kreacher nodded, grasping Mundungus by the elbow and with a snap they were gone.

"We have to be very careful about this but I was thinking Polyjuice potion." You suggested, scratching your palm. "We could possibly manage to be there for a couple hours to get the locket... and not get caught. What do you all think?"

Hermione nodded, her eyebrows relaxing. "I think it could work, but we have to plan this extremely well."

Ron nodded as well, his finger nervously tugging his bottom lip. He looked at Hermione, her eyes immediately glancing up to his eyes. He realized that she was looking at his lips and he set his hand aside, a smile tugged on his lips instead.

Harry smiled a bit. "You are the absolute best, that was a brilliant idea."

You didn't want to admit how much those words affected you. But they did. They sent a raging havoc of butterflies in your stomach. You decided to meet his gaze, his green eyes shining as he smiled at you. You smiled back, it was hard not to really. "Thanks." You felt like those words didn't cover up how appreciative you were but that was all you could muster up.

"Let's sleep, we all need it. We'll figure out what to do in the morning." Harry walked away with Ron, and he looked back at you one more time. Harry smirked because he caught you watching him.

You looked away, that dang blush making its appearance on your face again. You followed Hermione to your bedroom and as you laid down on your bed, Harry's smile stayed on your mind. He caught me staring at him, you thought, and he smiled.

We belong together || Harry Potter x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara