Chapter 25

Days have passed since that horrendous attack with, which you later figured out, Nagini. Every time your mind wanders, it takes you back to the moment where it's tail was suffocating your neck. You have to inhale deeply to let yourself know that oxygen is entering your lungs. That you are okay in this moment.

You watched the white snow again, hugging your knees as you witnessed the silence of the forest. It reminded you of time stopping. And in a sense, it did. There was no indication that time is actually passing if it wasn't for the cycle of the sun. You looked around, letting the cold air gently touch your face. Any sound or movement sent your nerves on edge. After witnessing the horror of magic the other night, you were terrified to realize the extent it could go.

In the tent, Harry looked over to see you. He was catching up with Hermione over Grindelwald's impact on Dumbledore's life. He was stating how brilliant she was in being able to snatch up the book of Dumbledore before leaving Bathilda's former place. He was so invested in what happened to both wizards that he had little space for anything else. He wanted to change that.

"Mind if I sit here?" Harry asked, using his fingers to slightly lift the entrance of the tent. He looked at you and you nodded, a small smile on his face. He always softened his expressions when talking to you, you noticed. You wonder why he does it.

He leaned towards you and you let your legs fully extend in front of you. Now, instead of looking at the distance with mere interest, you intentionally stared at a tree to distract you from how close Harry is to you. Not even when your body was reliving horrid moments, it can not get rid of how Harry makes you feel.

"It's so quiet," Harry pointed out, fixing his glasses with his index fingers. Your lips concaved up.

"Remember when you used to fix your glasses before I pointed it out in second year?" You recalled, looking at his gorgeous green eyes.

His face flashed with recognition. "It keeps me awake at night."

You chuckled. "You would do it so absurdly. Really, Harry, it was not necessary to place all of your fingertips on the edge of your glasses to fix them. You practically covered your eyes every time you did so."

"Really?" Harry prompted, inching his fingers closer to his glasses.

You shook your head. "No, you did it like this, look." You took off his glasses and Harry's eyebrows flashed up. You put them on and made sure they rested on the edge of your nose. "You used to do it like this." You placed your hands over your eyes, like if someone was playing peek-a-boo and pushed the glasses up your nose.

Harry chuckled, his face turning slightly pink. "My glasses were too big for my face, y/n," he responded, admiring how beautiful you look in his glasses.

"Sure, Harry, let's go with that," You chuckled, turning to look at him. His eyes seemed to sparkle right in front of you, the glasses do work amazing. You can see every strand of his black hair falling gracefully on his forehead. His bushy eyebrows that frame his whole face together. His strong facial structure is really fantastic. The pink of his cheeks complimenting the slight pink on his lips.

"Quite the staring problem," Harry smiled.

You looked at the ground, sucking in your lips to hide the embarrassed smile from him.

You felt his hand under your chin and your face was lifted to look at his again.

"I didn't say I didn't like it," Harry continued, keeping his fingers right below your chin.

Your face got extremely warm and it was difficult maintaining eye contact with him. But you didn't want to look anywhere else. He was looking at you differently than he has ever done before. You swear that his eyes were twinkling like you were the shiniest object ever. "Why are you looking at me like that?" You asked, taking in a small breath.