(Book Two) Good Girl

"What do I do?" Liz messaged.

"Everything I tell you," came Erik's quick reply.

It was then she knew she was in trouble.

_____

"What about this one, he is kind of cute?" asked Julie

"Oh my god, no," laughed Liz

"Okay fine," Julie said as she swiped left.

"I'm going to pee, do either of you need more wine?" Christie asked as she got up from the lounge chairs the three women had arranged around the fire.

"Yes," said both at the same time.

For the last few years, Liz, Julie, and Christie have huddled around this fire pit in the backyard of Julie's house drinking wine, eating food their trainers would frown upon, and bonding over the fact that they were, after many years of marriage, all single.

With Christie back and wine glasses full, the three continued to look through one another's dating apps trying to find the match they themselves couldn't.

"Look at this guy. He's so woodsy looking. Oh, and there he is working out..." said Christie as she flipped through Liz's app.

"Oh, he is super cute." said Liz. "Look, he's traveling, he lives like a thousand miles away. That might be fun."

"Let's do it," said Julie.

"What do you mean, let's," laughed Liz, "are you coming with me? Will this be a threesome?"

"Just swipe right already, try this guy out." said Julie.

Liz swiped right and was immediately greeted with IT'S A MATCH!

"Damnnn girl," said Christie. "Message him."

Hey Erik :)

"And now we wait," said Julie.

"While we do, I want to hear about that last date you had with, what was his name? Mike? Mark?"

"His name is Jason," Christie said laughing and rolling her eyes. "Where the fuck did you get Mike or Mark?"

"I think you are thinking of the Mark I went on that date with a few weeks ago" said Julie.

"That's right. You had the Mark, and Christie had the Jason," said Liz.

Liz's phone pinged. One new message

"And it looks like now you have an Erik," laughed Christie.

Hey, yourself - E

How are you doing? - L

Not too bad, wrapping up a two week job. Looking forward to getting back home in a few days. - E

Where is here? Where are you working? - L

South Ker. Been here installing equipment in the new Amazon Warehouse - E

South Ker is only 20 minutes from me. Where do you live when you are not traveling for work? - L

Vancouver BC - E

When do you head home? - L

Day after tomorrow - E

"He's only in town for a few more days, should I go for it?" Liz asked.

"Hell yes. Look. At. Him. He is delicious." said Julie.

"Cheers to that," said Christie and the three raised their glasses.