2

"Can I help you-?" Jax cut his sentence short when I turned to face him and pushed my sunglasses up into my hair. "Houdini?"

"In the flesh," I said with a laugh as he pulled me into a hug.

I groaned slightly as he squeezed me. "You hit the gym?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "Not like you or your brother."

I nodded at that and he led me up to the office where Gemma was working.

"Ma," he said and she looked up and cheered a little, running over and hugging me.

"You're not supposed to be out yet," she said.

"Yes I am. The parole board approved me for my three year release yesterday," I said. "My hearing got bumped up when someone else lost her's for fighting."

Gemma hugged me tightly once again as a bike pulled into the lot. "That would be your father."

I nodded and jumped the step out of the office and walked over to him as he parked his trike.

"You're really getting up there old man," I said, admiring the trike he was riding. He still had his old Harley motorcycle when I went inside.

"Not old enough you don't gotta respect me. You damn kids both go to jail as the same time and I've got Donna and Mary on my ass," he pulled me into a hug as he complained.

"I'm sorry Pops," I said. "I really am. I didn't know it'd be such a big deal. Oh wait I was doing shit for the club."

"Stop it," he said.

"I'm done helping if I can't prospect," I said.

"We've got church in ten. I'll bring it up," he said. I nodded. He'd been to visit me every month like clock work. He knew that I wanted to prospect now that I was out.

"I'm gonna go see Opie," I said.

He shook his head. "Go tomorrow. He's got a nine to five at the saw mill. Donna's been really laying in to him about earning straight."

I agreed before deciding I should go pick up my bike and change and what not.

"My bike and clothes still at your place?" I asked. He nodded.

"I'll talk to Gem about using a dorm so I'm outta your hair," I said.

"Hey just pay some bills and don't eat all my food and I don't care," he said. I nodded and hugged him again before Jax was yelling at him about church.

"I'm gonna walk home, take a shower unsupervised," I said. "Really live it up."

"Take those damn braids out of your hair," my father said.

I nodded. My hair needed washed anyways. I had a friend who was learning to do cornrows while we were inside so she'd practiced in my hair a few days prior despite it being the wrong texture and I'd left them in so at least when it was greasy it wasn't noticeable. I knew my dad would hate them, I just didn't care.

I walked the few blocks to my father's house in peace and sure enough he'd locked it up tight. He'd also moved the spare key from where he kept it in a loose board on the front porch. I guess that meant breaking in. I walked around back and tried at that door, which was probably open but the screen door was locked.

I groaned and tried the window on the back porch. That was open. Thankfully I was able to get in through there. I went immediately to my old bedroom and grabbed some jeans and a SAMCRO shirt that I'd turned into a crop top. I knew there would be a party tonight, so I might as well look good.