13

A few hours into the party, one of the crows was getting mouthy. Sons won't hit girls, but that didn't stop me.

"I'll take her to the ring," I said to Jax who was at the bar complaining about her.

"You're ribs are still busted."

"And she's a whore," I said. "She can't fight."

"Take her yourself. She's all up on your man," he motioned to where the fucker was trying to grind on Happy. He looked pissed. I wiped my hands and walked over.

"I've been told you're causing trouble," I said, grabbing her off of him and taking her to the ring.

"Come on bitch," I said.

"Hap's single," she said.

"I'm a prospect who's dealing with club trash," I said. "Get in the fucking ring."

"No."

"Then leave and don't fucking come back," Happy growled and she scampered off.

"Come on," I said. "That was my entertainment for the night."

"And you're my entertainment for the night," he said. He leaned down and kissed my neck, but Tig was yelling about needing a drink and Sack was taking a Juice in to his room.

"Press pause and I will be back," I said. I went and got Tig his drink and some of the hang arounds started to try to hit on me but I ignored it.

"So," Kozik said. His face and neck were pretty bruised up. "Which crows aren't gonna bite my dick off?"

"I wouldn't know. Happy always said that blonde that favors Tig is good."

"Fuck," he groaned. "How bout you?"

"Not trying to sleep my way in. And Happy's laid a decent sized claim."

"You're, oh my, I forgot you're Houdini," he said. I nodded and handed him another beer. I had stolen his wallet and took a tip out of it.

"Watch your pockets," I said, sliding his wallet back without him even noticing.

"Did you?"

I held up the five dollar bill and stuffed it into my kutte pocket.

He rolled his eyes and laughed as Happy walked up.

"Don't let Jax catch ya," he said.

"I didn't do anything."

He just shook his head as some of the hang arounds started to clear out. Most of the brothers had either headed home or headed inside with a croweater.

Kozik was watching a younger girl walk around the lot, looking a little lost.

"New crow?" I asked Happy. He just nodded slowly and Koz headed off to talk to her.

Sack and I cleaned up quite a bit as the last few brothers finished their drinks and called it a night.

"Party's over," Happy said as he walked up to me.

"I think it's just starting," I said. He took my hand and led me in to the clubhouse and back to his room.

A little while later we were just laying in bed, both still awake.

"I want you to ride to Bakersfield with me," he said. "I'm going again in a few days."

"I can ask Jax," I said.

"I'll tell him," he said, pulling me to his chest.

"What's in Bakersfield?"

"My ma," he said. "She isn't doing well and she's always wanted to meet my girl."

"Your girl?"

"Yeah," he said.

"Are you trying to ask me something?"

"I'm laying a claim," he said.

"And if I say no."

"You won't."

I just rolled my eyes and laughed a little. Happy ran his hands through my hair. I spoke to him softly and he eventually fell asleep on me, but it didn't matter because I was right behind him.