19

I spent the day in an interrogation room, repeatedly telling them that Jax had asked me to go pick out cigars for my father as a sort of present from the club. Then I went back to the clubhouse and met Ian and I was there the rest of the day with Ope and Half Sack. They didn't believe me. My fingerprints were inside the store. I told them that it was from my visit to the store earlier yesterday. Wayne was also pissed because he didn't think the club would be buying my father cigars. The man still smoked despite being on oxygen so I don't know why it surprised him.

"How much longer are you going to hold her?" Rosen asked. "You don't have anything."

"We have 24 hours to make something stick," Hale spat as he stormed out. He knew it was me. Call it intuition. But without evidence he couldn't put me there. There was no forced entry, so I don't know why they were looking at me anyways. It's not like I had a key to that place. I told them that too. Hale was not amused but Unser just kind of chuckled. He had arrested me to humor Hale. He knew even if it was me they weren't going to get a confession or evidence of it .

I was there until well into the night. Eventually Hale gave up and Rosen and I headed out, him dropping me at the clubhouse before going home to sleep. I knew we were going to owe Rosen a pretty penny by the end of this but we pay him a good chunk of change just on retainer to be the club lawyer.

When I walked into the clubhouse, Kozik was the only one there.

"I'm just gonna crash here for the night," I said. He nodded. I called my dad and let him know I was out but exhausted so I was staying here.

"What's your deal?" Kozik asked.

"Just worried about the guys," I said.

"Happy?" He asked. I nodded a little and got myself some Coke before pouring about two shots worth of Fireball into the glass.

"Just drink it straight out the bottle," he said. "Tastes better."

"Hap said his mother wasn't doing well. Who looks out for him with him inside?"

"Me, his aunt," Kozik said. "He told you that?"

I nodded. "Wanted me to ride to Bakersfield with him."

"Ah," he said. "If he's out and can take ya let him. If not I'll take ya when I make the next trip."

I nodded and continued to drink.

"We heard if they're whole still or what?"

"I think so. Rosen said that Jax managed to get them protection," he said. I nodded a little and cracked my neck after.

"I need to sleep," I said.

"Hey, how'd today go?"

"Rough. Hale knows who did it and has no evidence of that. I think Wayne does too but Wayne has just accepted that there's no evidence and they won't get a confession."

"That's good then. Can't have anyone else in jail. I doubt Tig will let me patch here so Sack is going to get patched in. They do their time and I patch here then," Koz said.

"I think Tig could be persuaded to put his shit aside for the club. He wouldn't want us falling apart because we didn't have enough guys on the outside."

Kozik nodded a bit and I told him I was going to bed. I went to Happy's dorm and slid out of my jeans before just falling into the bed. I pulled Happy's pillow into my arms and wrapped myself around it. I fell asleep shortly thereafter.