46

The following morning, I was up and at the gym long before anyone else. Lumpy and I trained together for a while and I got to harass the prospects that were on guard detail. Miles was my favorite to fuck with. Phil was just sitting there drinking coffee and minding his own business. I finished up and went back to the clubhouse, showering quickly and braiding my hair before going to wake my old man.

"Do I need to request your presence in the mornings the night before?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said. "At least for now." I kissed his lips and headed down to the kitchen. I made some toast and got myself some coffee as the clubhouse started to fill. We had church this morning and I'm sure some club stuff after that.

I was eating my toast when Juice walked in with Ian running ahead of him.

"Croweaters are gonna watch him while we're in church and then we're going to drive down to San Francisco for the weekend. Do some fun stuff," Juice said as Ian crashed into my legs.

I picked the boy up and nodded at Juice. "Hey Ian, you're gonna take care of your old man for me, yeah?" I asked the boy with a soft laugh. Juice immediately became defensive.

"Hap control your woman," Juice said looking to my old man for help.

"She ain't my problem," Happy said, kissing my lips. Ian booed us earning laughs from Juice and I.

"Go bug your Dad, Monster," I said, setting Ian down and letting him run to his father. Happy took the second piece of toast off my plate and bit into it as Jax was hollering about church. I took my coffee and we headed into the chapel, most of us still eating or drinking coffee.

We sat around as Jax filled us in on where we were with guns and a few of our other businesses.

"How'd things go with the Mayans?" Jax asked.

"Santo Padre is all set up," Opie said.

"And I handled our Zobelle problem with a couple of their guys," I said.

"Houdini made plenty of friends and speaks Spanish," Opie said.

"I made two friends. Coco and Angel," I said. "And the Spanish I picked up inside from my cellmate." Happy had tensed when I mentioned Coco. I knew he wasn't telling me the truth about being okay with how shit ended up going down but he had to deal with it. I couldn't afford getting arrested.

"Alvarez set up a meet. About an hour from now. The other half of your payment," Jax said. I nodded and knew it was more than that.

Jax went back into club business. They had a sit down with Laroy after Alvarez. We were trying to get out of guns but it hasn't been an easy transition.

"Anything else?" Jax asked.

I made eye contact with Happy and nodded.

"I proposed. She said yes," he said. I held up my left hand and everyone but Jax and Opie started cheering. I shook the worry as Tig pulled me into a hug. Jax dismissed us and the guys all did a shot to celebrate. I did not. I needed a clear head to ride.

Before long, Jax, Opie, Happy, and I were headed out to meet Alvarez with Phil behind us in the work truck.

The ride was calm and when we pulled up to the meet it was just Alvarez and his VP. I felt we were rolling a little deep but didn't question it.