29

"Edith, come on, wake up," Kozik's voice said. "We've got a visit at to Stockton today."

"I thought we had a few days," I said. I sat up a bit as Kozik handed me a clean set of clothes.

"We did until that shit happened last night. Adam dropped his gun and kutte off at some point too." I rolled my eyes a bit.

"Feeling okay?"

"I need a shower and some food," I said. "Is there a crow around?" He nodded and walked out of the room. A few seconds later Emily walked in.

"Kozik said you needed a crow," she said.

"I gotta shower and I might pass out in there. Don't really want any of the guys seeing my naked. Just stay close in case I do."

She nodded and I limped to the bathroom. The bruise above my hip hurt and my arm was killing me. I showered as quick as I could and dried off and dressed before walking out with my hair hanging wet on my shoulders.

"I can brush and braid your hair if you'd like," she said. I nodded and sat down on the bed as Kozik came back in with some coffee.

"Here and the crows made breakfast," he said. I thanked him and started to drink as Emily made quick work of my hair.

Kozik put my boots back into my feet and walked me down the hallway. My brother and father were sitting at the bar watching me intently.

"God E," Opie said. "When I got that call I wasn't sure you were gonna make it."

"I'm a stubborn bitch. I wasn't going out at the hands of some pussy Mayans. Waited til they thought the place would be empty to try and go in," I said softly. He helped me the rest of the way to the bar and got me seated next to my dad.

"How're ya feeling?"

"Like I've been shot twice," I said.

"Twice?" Opie asked as Emily sat a plate in front of me and disappeared off with some of the other croweaters.

"Caught one in my arm and the other with my vest," I said, moving enough to show the the decent sized bruise on my left lower abdomen.

"And Adam bolted on us. Fuck I'm sorry sis. I should-."

"Don't be. The weak need weeded out," I said as I struggled to feed myself with my left hand. Kozik and my father were trying to patch my right arm up again.

"You're lucky it was through and through," I said. They both just shook their head as Kozik finally got some butterfly stitches over it. I needed real stitches but this would work if I could keep it relatively immobile.

"I hear we've got a trip to Stockton," I said to Opie.

"Yeah, figured your old man should hear it from you now that you were shot," he said. "And I gotta talk to Jax."

"Hey, it's Vic causing all the problems down there," I said as Juice walked in looking exhausted. He instantly perked up when he saw me.

"Houdini," he said. "Glad you're whole."

"Me too. My backup left me hanging, wouldn't even fire back," I said, shaking my head a bit.

"You and me are headed in the truck and Juice is gonna follow on his bike. Tig could use a visitor anyway," Opie said to me. I nodded in agreement as I finished up eating. One of the crows made me a coffee to go and we headed out. Opie had to help me up into the truck, and I was very thankful to not be riding like this.

"Ope, it's gonna be a while tile I can ride again," I said.

He nodded. "You heal up and you can start riding again when you've got use of that arm."

We continued talking and he tried to apologize yet again for Adam leaving me all alone last night.