Questions

My heart was pounding and my palms were sweating. Not because I was scared but because I knew what I was capable of. I couldn't necessarily do anything to police detectives so I had to keep my composure and calm down. I was angry, I didn't know why they were at my house anyway. I had been hospitalized and there was no way I could have physically been involved with anything that happened to Vince. So I didn't understand why they were questioning me about anything.

"You didn't have any friends that you told about this event, Mr. Garcia?" they asked me for the millionth time. I was so irritated that I didn't even reply right away. He asked me again, this time leaning in closer to me, pissing me off even more. My hands began to shake as he opened his mouth to speak again.

"Did you hear the question?" Detective Taylor asked. I glared up at him. "Yeah I heard it. I just chose not to respond to it." I replied. He chuckled and stepped back as if he was trying to keep his composure. Lords know if he had tried to do anything, I would've snapped.

"Did you or did you not have friends that you talked to about this incident?!" he shouted. I caught myself. I was definitely about to say something that would've gotten me into some serious trouble. "I have friends, but they barely know about anything that's been going on with me lately. They know now but that's because word of mouth travels fast. I didn't tell them anything because I don't even remember what the fuck happened to me!" I snapped. My mother entered the kitchen and stood in the doorway, listening to everything and making sure that nothing got out of hand. She knew me and she knew that my temper was horrible.

"Okay...okay so maybe you didn't. But somebody you know, found Mr. Merritino and murdered him!" he shouted. Maybe they did and maybe they didn't. But I wasn't about to even try to help them figure anything out. That was their job and in my opinion, he had gotten what he deserved.

"I don't know what happened. I don't know why it happened. All I know is, I have to walk around living with this injury and he was walkin free while I was sitting in the hospital fighting for my life. I didn't talk to anybody while I was there besides my girlfriend and my Uncle." I told him. He looked curious and then he asked, "What are their names?"

I looked at him like he was crazy. I wasn't giving names and he wasn't gonna make me. "I'm about to go to bed so if we're done here, I'd like to do that." I replied. He stepped back and sighed. He tried to stare a hole into me and then he looked around at the two officers he had with him. "Let's go." he instructed them. They walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. He looked over at me one more time and then said, "I'll be back. And know this, you don't have to tell me anything for me to find out what I want and need to know." I shook my head and smiled. He wasn't going to know anything if I didn't tell him myself. I made sure to keep everything to myself just in case this situation ever occurred. Nobody knew me and nobody knew anything about the moves I made. He walked out of the kitchen, defeated. My mother walked in and sat down with me as soon as they left.

"Girlfriend, huh?" she asked. I didn't wanna tell her too much or give her the wrong idea about anything. I decided to avoid talking about the situation and focus on her. "So when do you leave, Ma?" I asked her. She smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "As soon as I make sure you're okay, son. Then I'm gonna go make sure I'm okay." she said with a smile. She kissed me on the cheek and then walked out of the kitchen. I wasn't ready to tell her about Stephanie or anything else. I had to make sure she was going to get her life together before I completely let her into mine.