My reality

Nothing really felt the same to me when it came to Antonio. He was on something different and so was I. School was starting to get on my nerves as the work loads started piling up. My science teacher was an ass hole for partnering me up with Antonio. There was nothing more that I wanted then another science partner. It was obvious that we he had been avoiding me for quite some time. Never once did he look me in the eye or even speak, so there was no need for me to even continue trying to establish anything. Accepting the fact that we weren't getting back together killed me inside, but I knew the decision would be what was best.

Mateo tried swaying me into re-considering my decision, but there was no turning back. Antonio had made that decision when he lets the words come out of his mouth. My faith was important to me, living by the daily scriptures had become a challenge. The bible clearly states that the tongue is a powerful, its a powerful sword, and sometimes when you are cut the wound is just too deep to heal. They say all wounds heal over time. Maybe there was a ring of truth to it, I don't know but for some reason that was one wound that hadn't even began healing.

Some days were different from others. Many times I wanted to run to Antonio and try it again, other times I would cry myself too sleep. My heart still yearned him, my mind said no, and my body was in a war. Waking up in cold sweats were becoming a norm. The way he made love to my body was amazing. His strokes, kisses, grunts, and moans drove me crazy. As far as I knew those days were over. If it wasn't for Mike and Mateo I would have moved to Michigan already. The last thing I wanted to do was run. It was time to get over things and move forward.

Our science project had thrown a wrench in things. Antonio and I had to work together, there was no changing that. Mr. Swahzie was a pretty stern guy and when it came time for projects and assignments, he didn't play around. Whatever pride happy ride I was on it was time to put it aside. My mid-term grade depended on this project. Antonio and I decided to to meet up after school. The library was a safe haven from the drama with the east side and north side of town.

We would meet up, do our research, and part ways. Talking about anything personal would probably result into an argument. The arguments wouldn't lead to anything more than a fight. Antonio's sex meant nothing to me. if push came to shove we would go to toe. I wasn't afraid to fight a man, it wasn't like I hadn't had to over the past weeks anyway. He would be another name added to the list. Hiding how I felt or bruises had become easier. Mateo taught me to leave any drama at the door. You never bring outside problems into the work place, school, or someone else's home.

It was time out for the bullshit the semester was almost over. Senior meetings were back to back and making sure everything was in order had become my priority. My parents house was on the market, the move to Michigan was getting closer, and colleges were sending letters of acceptance. For once I had put in the effort to make a change. All of my hard work was paying off and I couldn't have been anymore thankful. This project would have been another notch under my belt.

_____________________________________________

"Antonio can you not focus or something? You haven't really said too much since we got to the library, and you aren't helping me with the work. Do you want to post pone?" Antonio gathered his things and quietly got up from the table. Something seemed a little off about him but I couldn't pin point what it was. His focus was off and he was more quiet than usual. Normally it wouldn't have bothered me, but for some strange reason it did.

"Stephanie let's just do our projects separately. We put everything together in a few days. I need time to clear my head, and I don't really want to be around you right now." Surprisingly my feelings weren't the least bit of hurt. It was normal for Antonio to feel like he could say what he wanted to me. Gathering my things I agreed to meet back in a few days. Writing down my information on a piece of paper Antonio grabbed my hand, " I guess I need to be honest with you."

Whatever it was I wasn't in the mood for bullshit. Whatever his mood changer was I wanted to know. It killed our vibe and I was tired of it. I wasn't prepared for what my ears heard, and that familiar feeling I felt had come back.

Two strikes and you are out...